I know it's been asked-but AX8-

20144371803_2b83af105f_z.jpg

Dusty patios, dirty concrete, blacktop parking lots, back yard house parties, wind blown sprinkles and rain, and wednesday this week...standing in dirt @ a reservoir gig.

Yikes! I'd die if my gear ever got close to amount of dirt. I'd be concerned about the jacks and ports more than the facade though.

Maybe some sort of shield that sits outside your board (like a drum shield)? I wouldn't expect any music gear to stand up to that. Glad your current stuff works for those crazy environments!

Yes. Can't imagine my gear will ever look like that either.

I really love the FX8 for what it provides, but I really, really miss the Amp modeling and can't wait to have that in a floor unit!

So you're saying you will have three units then; FX8, AX8 and Axe fx II?

Both the AX-8 and FX-8 are made in the USA.

Darn.. I was going off the posts on TGP from like june, where you were undecided (and just said the FX8 changed to USA recently rather than china)

I can't see it being "aggressively priced" against the Atomic Amplifire anymore.. I don't see it being under $1800 now that its "made in the USA".

Last edited:
Yikes! I'd die if my gear ever got close to amount of dirt.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap!

I usually keep this a lot cleaner. Regardless, floor gear needs to be overbuilt. Midi & power inputs are typically the first to break. IMO, even the LG here needs a protective shelf welded above the inputs to protect them from stray rain and drunk stumblers (be they patrons, or musicians).

20144371803_2b83af105f_z.jpg

FWIW, units are in production and on schedule for October.
I'd be interested to know the dispatch plan for the rest of the world... I'm in Australia and ordered (and paid for) an Amplifire on the 5th of July and i'm still waiting... I'd much prefer an AX8 if it's likely that they'll hit here Oct/Nov...

Darn.. I was going off the posts on TGP from like june, where you were undecided (and just said the FX8 changed to USA recently rather than china)

I can't see it being "aggressively priced" against the Atomic Amplifire anymore.. I don't see it being under $1800 now that its "made in the USA".

well, good thing you don't run FAS....Seriously, without LCD's and you expect Cliff to price it 15/20% higher than the line 6 thingy. Sorry but he's a lot smarter than that.

well, good thing you don't run FAS....Seriously, without LCD's and you expect Cliff to price it 15/20% higher than the line 6 thingy. Sorry but he's a lot smarter than that.

Personally if the AXE-8 wasn't released I would just keep using my AXE-FX II. Competitive pricing is important to some, but so far there is no competition in the actual amp and cabinet modeling technologies that Cliff has developed, so for me I'll take quality and modeling "depth" over price.

Honestly I personally wouldn't even consider these other options. If the price is low great for me, but if not I'll still look at buying it for the quality of the unit, the modeling, the fx, and the whole experience.

Well, it will likely cost more than the FX8 since has two processors. Other factors leading to potentially higher costs are the quality of the various components which many are speculating will be higher quality than the L6. Then account for Yamaha/L6s cost discounts for buying components in larger quantities.

Pure speculation, but wouldn't be surprised at $1750 being the aggressive price.

Reactions: sam
The AX8 will trounce both the Helix and the Amplifire with one simple feature- SCENES. For me it's all about being able to change and add/delete to a tone with no latency & lag, and so far the Fractal Scenes feature is the only game in town. Add in I can use my amp and F/X blocks from my XLs and it just makes it all worth even more.

The AX8 will trounce both the Helix and the Amplifire with one simple feature- SCENES. For me it's all about being able to change and add/delete to a tone with no latency & lag, and so far the Fractal Scenes feature is the only game in town. Add in I can use my amp and F/X blocks from my XLs and it just makes it all worth even more.

I was surprised that the Helix doesn't include scenes at launch since they used scenes in the M13. My guess is they'll show up in a firmware update, but that's speculation.

Few more questions, mise well try while answers are coming..

Can you mention exact dimensions? Is it the same size as the FX8 enclosure?

USB interface included inside, or will we need a separate interface for recording?

Price?? Will the waiting list be available soon?

It has USB, XLR outs for FOH, 1/4" outputs for local monitoring and an FX loop.

Back
Top Bottom