I know it's been asked-but AX8-

I think, for a $1500+ product, could use 4 processors (remembering the Shark line costs around $20-$30, so four are still half the Tiger Shark price).

This would permit Two amps and double the effects DSP power.

maybe as an AX8 ultra? :mrgreen

I think, for a $1500+ product, could use 4 processors (remembering the Shark line costs around $20-$30, so four are still half the Tiger Shark price).

This would permit Two amps and double the effects DSP power.

maybe as an AX8 ultra? :mrgreen

It would also increase latency. Besides, cost of the parts doesn't determine value of the finished product.

Why don't just use two Tiger Sharks and create AX8 which will be full-featured AxeFX2 in floor format ? Much easier overall, no need to create any different software for editing and transfer patches from rack Axe FX 2. And produce only two products: AX8 (floor based full featured AXE FX2) and AXE FX 2 XL+ (for those who want maximum features and rack form factor for studio use).

I think 2 Tiger Sharks require a bigger circuit board and more space plus a fan for cooling. I think Cliff commented about that a while back. I could be wrong though.

It would also increase latency. Besides, cost of the parts doesn't determine value of the finished product.

With parallel processing, and even the same external RAM chips for the processors, I doubt would increase the latency for a significant margin. The sharks themselves are 2 core each.

As for the cost, I know there's no direct correlation for price/parts, but a $1500+ price tag allows the use of more/expensive parts. $50 more would not break the bank.

Last edited:
You're a smart fella aren't you. $50 is not just $50. If he adds $50 to the cost of the unit and produces 2,000 units, it's $100,000 in additional production cost. So the only option would be to add to the sale price of the unit which you are already seemingly unhappy with. Hey Cliff, I think you should go with philos plan an eat $100k just to make him happy.

This begs another question...has a price been released yet and I missed it?

You're a smart fella aren't you. $50 is not just $50. If he adds $50 to the cost of the unit and produces 2,000 units, it's $100,000 in additional production cost. So the only option would be to add to the sale price of the unit which you are already seemingly unhappy with. Hey Cliff, I think you should go with philos plan an eat $100k just to make him happy.

How much obtuse a person can be...

If your think make sense, so no upgrade, dual processors, ever, since first AxeFX. The nature of the product itself is the opposite of your "highly technical" analysis :D

Ah, the need to more process power (dual amps, etc.) was not to "make me happy", is a frequent proposition here after Helix announcement.

Relax son. Read more, react slower.

Bye

Ok enough bickering. Here's the real question...

The original target release date was October 2015. We're less than a month away from that, so is FAS on track for that still? Just a friendly question

I think people already understood the FX-8/AX-8 different proposals, and, if the october release date still counts, it's time to create a product page and wish list. I will not be an early adopter, but probably by the end of the year.

Have searched many light rig possibilities, and nothing is more appealing than AX-8 + 2x12" FRFR.

Ok enough bickering. Here's the real question...

The original target release date was October 2015. We're less than a month away from that, so is FAS on track for that still? Just a friendly question

Don't forget that if it is released at the end of October then it is almost 2 months away.

After all the bullshit and bitching and moaning FAS had to content with because of the FX8 wait list I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't going to be any.

So any news about the pricing, I'd like to know how much I've to put aside ? This is a no-brainer for me. Any sound samples available somewhere ? Will Quantum be on the unit (I guess yes, which is maybe a reason for it's early release).
Looking forward to read something of the AX8 from FAS.
Cheers & keep on rocking !

So any news about the pricing, I'd like to know how much I've to put aside ? This is a no-brainer for me. Any sound samples available somewhere ? Will Quantum be on the unit (I guess yes, which is maybe a reason for it's early release).
Looking forward to read something of the AX8 from FAS.
Cheers & keep on rocking !

+1 on that!

Any sound samples available somewhere ? Will Quantum be on the unit (I guess yes, which is maybe a reason for it's early release).

There are no sound samples that I know of, HOWEVER, Cliff recently reiterated that the source code base is the same for the AX8 as the Axe-FX II. This means that the sound will be (nearly?) identical. I say nearly because I don't know if amp sims will run in high-res mode or not. Not that I can really hear a difference anyway.

Back
Top Bottom