I know it's been asked-but AX8-

Will AX8 include at least some simple digital connections except USB? It will be really cool if SPDIF output will not be removed... Even very old guitar processors like Johnson J-Station has it onboard. Cliff, please, leave it unremoved.

Ok, not sure where else to post this. Any indication the AX-8 will have a headphone out? I've been waiting for a product just like this. Really I need something for practice and most of the time that is through head phones with only the occasional jam session. I know if all else fails I can just get a headphone amp but I'd prefer a more practical solution.

Ok, not sure where else to post this. Any indication the AX-8 will have a headphone out? I've been waiting for a product just like this. Really I need something for practice and most of the time that is through head phones with only the occasional jam session. I know if all else fails I can just get a headphone amp but I'd prefer a more practical solution.

It does not have a headphone output but the outputs should be able to drive phones with ease. You'd just need a Y-cable adapter.

I apologize if it was already mentioned in a previous thread (I don't check these forums other than for AX8 updates) - Will there be a usb interface inside the AX8 like the AxeFX has?

Will the AX8 have connections to go direct to FOH and go to a power amp using the FX Loop block to get direct to FOH (with cab IR) via Output 1 and also go to a power amp and power a traditional guitar cab (Without Cab IR) via output 2 like the AxeFX?

Will the AX8 have connections to go direct to FOH and go to a power amp using the FX Loop block to get direct to FOH (with cab IR) via Output 1 and also go to a power amp and power a traditional guitar cab (Without Cab IR) via output 2 like the AxeFX?

But will it be possible to send signal without poweramp modelling to Output 2 and signal with poweramp modelling to Output 1? It is really important feature to have.

Few more questions, mise well try while answers are coming..

Can you mention exact dimensions? Is it the same size as the FX8 enclosure?

USB interface included inside, or will we need a separate interface for recording?

Price?? Will the waiting list be available soon?

it probably has the same functionality as the Axe-Fx II, unless they specifically added a "global power amp" option, which i doubt.

here is how to do it currently: Axe-Fx to PA System and Guitar Amp & Cab Simultaneously

Sorry, I can't open the link... don't know why it doesn't work. I think you are using two amps (one with poweramp sim off and one with poweramp sim on) to go to PA and to return of tube head. But AX8 will have only one amp as far as I know... so that's why I can't understand how the ability to have both poweramp sim on and poweramp sim off signals to go at the same time.

Sorry, I can't open the link... don't know why it doesn't work. I think you are using two amps (one with poweramp sim off and one with poweramp sim on) to go to PA and to return of tube head. But AX8 will have only one amp as far as I know... so that's why I can't understand how the ability to have both poweramp sim on and poweramp sim off signals to go at the same time.

you're right. if there's only 1 amp block, you can't run a 2nd (obv!) with Sag set to PA OFF.

having the virtual power amp on with an amp/cab setup seems to only affect a small portion of users. majority report that having the power amp set on is actually better. i've seen that some mesa power amps and similar prefer it off though.

oh well, we'll have to wait and see, but that might become a wish list item at launch, unless they added global PA Off like i mentioned before.

Back
Top Bottom