• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FX8 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccroyalsenders

Fractal Fanatic
Would also like to know about this. The FX8 going to have it's own set of unique effects?
Reading the press release: it's what's for dinner.

Chorus², Compressor², Delay², Drive², Enhancer, Filter², Flanger², Formant, Gate, GEQ², Megatap,
Multidelay, PEQ², Phaser², Pitch, Reverb², Ringmod, Rotary, Synth, Trem/Pan, Volume, Wah²,
Plus new blocks for sending MIDI and manually controlling the onboard RELAYS.

Coldsummer

Experienced
M@/Cliff Why would you use this with the AxeFX? Double up processing power? Extra blocks? European customers - do G66 have a waiting list. Come on guys, keep up with the program please don't leave us hanging.

chris

Legend!
Why would you want / need to use one of these with an Axe FX ?? ( not a rhetorical question..)
you can take some of the effects burden off of the Axe, leaving more CPU available for 2 Ultra Res cab blocks, complex routing, etc.

need? maybe not. but does it make sense? probably.

i'm really hoping that some of the new features on the FX8 - MIDI per scene, hold switch for XY, etc - will be implemented on the Axe/MFC.

Morphosis

Fractal Fanatic
How will be the seriell/parallel routings be managed? And defining, where the (Preamp-)Loop will be insert? Would really like to see a screenshot of the setup / config page(s) ... Are the A/B/C knobs for parameter changes? similiar to the A/B/C/D knobs on the Axe?

chris

Legend!
i put together a video discussing my thoughts on the new details of the FX8:

FX8 Waitlist announced! | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

How will be the seriell/parallel routings be managed? And defining, where the (Preamp-)Loop will be insert? Would really like to see a screenshot of the setup / config page(s) ... Are the A/B/C knobs for parameter changes? similiar to the A/B/C/D knobs on the Axe?
i had the same exact thoughts. i think the ABC knobs are for what you described.

COME TO MY CHAT! let's talk about the fx8 :)

http://blog.katsukurimedia.com/kkm-chat/

Johan Allard

Power User
By the way guys... I have been using one with my Axe-Fx and OMG.

--
Any chance we get you to elaborate?

Does this change how you look at/work with the rig? I notice with myself that I’m spending a lot of time looking at and tweaking the amp and the cab blocks. Does this make you treat the Axe Fx more as a virtual amp separately from the pedalboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom