FX8 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would also like to know about this. The FX8 going to have it's own set of unique effects?

Reading the press release: it's what's for dinner.

Chorus², Compressor², Delay², Drive², Enhancer, Filter², Flanger², Formant, Gate, GEQ², Megatap,
Multidelay, PEQ², Phaser², Pitch, Reverb², Ringmod, Rotary, Synth, Trem/Pan, Volume, Wah²,
Plus new blocks for sending MIDI and manually controlling the onboard RELAYS.

M@/Cliff Why would you use this with the AxeFX? Double up processing power? Extra blocks? European customers - do G66 have a waiting list. Come on guys, keep up with the program please don't leave us hanging.

Why would you want / need to use one of these with an Axe FX ?? ( not a rhetorical question..)

you can take some of the effects burden off of the Axe, leaving more CPU available for 2 Ultra Res cab blocks, complex routing, etc.

need? maybe not. but does it make sense? probably.

i'm really hoping that some of the new features on the FX8 - MIDI per scene, hold switch for XY, etc - will be implemented on the Axe/MFC.

How will be the seriell/parallel routings be managed? And defining, where the (Preamp-)Loop will be insert? Would really like to see a screenshot of the setup / config page(s) ... Are the A/B/C knobs for parameter changes? similiar to the A/B/C/D knobs on the Axe?

i put together a video discussing my thoughts on the new details of the FX8:

FX8 Waitlist announced! | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

How will be the seriell/parallel routings be managed? And defining, where the (Preamp-)Loop will be insert? Would really like to see a screenshot of the setup / config page(s) ... Are the A/B/C knobs for parameter changes? similiar to the A/B/C/D knobs on the Axe?

i had the same exact thoughts. i think the ABC knobs are for what you described.

COME TO MY CHAT! let's talk about the fx8 :)

http://blog.katsukurimedia.com/kkm-chat/

By the way guys... I have been using one with my Axe-Fx and OMG.

--

Any chance we get you to elaborate?

Does this change how you look at/work with the rig? I notice with myself that I’m spending a lot of time looking at and tweaking the amp and the cab blocks. Does this make you treat the Axe Fx more as a virtual amp separately from the pedalboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom