FX8 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to toot our collective horns on this but I believe that the number one feature of this product is "No Tone Suck". The noise floor is amazingly low, you can't tell when the unit is engaged versus bypassed. The analog signal path design is pristine. We used these new Analog Devices premium op-amps which cost about 10x what other manufacturers typically use and the results are worth it.

This is great news!!

I can't give details but I have beta tested the FX8 and it is killer as you would expect from these guys. All I would say is buy one. There will be a lot of pedals (eventide, TC, Strymon) for sale very soon ha ha ha.
Jim

Are the effects algorithms the same ones that are in the Axe II, or are they updated? If updated, will any of the changes make their way into the Axe II's effects blocks? Also, any idea on the price yet?

[Edit] - nevermind the last question. I saw the price on the Fractal website.

Last edited:
Are the effects algorithms the same ones that are in the Axe II, or are they updated? If updated, will any of the changes make their way into the Axe II's effects blocks? Also, any idea on the price yet?

Would also like to know about this. The FX8 going to have it's own set of unique effects?

Awesome! This is what I was looking for and couldn't find 18 months ago so wound up buying the Axe-Fx. Oh, and the MFC-101 :)
If I were a betting man I'd guess that for every Axe-Fx customer you have you'll have five FX8 customers.

GO FRACTAL!

Definitely a must have for the folks who are not quite ready to give up their tube amps. Real pedalboards can be a gigantic pain in the ass. I switched to a Line 6 M13 before going to the Axe II and didn't miss actual pedals one bit. The FX8 looks to be so much better than the M13 in every possible way. It will certainly be a hit.

[Edit] - nevermind the last question. I saw the price on the Fractal website.

I have a feeling that Cliff has been planning on the floor model since the FX II came out, and figured by the time it was out in production he'd be ready for the effects side of things. Why push the effects side when you have something like this in the making.

You can give updates to the floorboard users and update the Axe II all at one time. This would make perfect sense.
Lets just hope I'm right. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom