FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely love the new display!! I didn't look cause I got right to practicing but does it show the bybass/channel state in bigger font on the bottom of the screen as well? If not that would make it perfect if it did.

Thanks again fractal. Sometimes it's the little things in an update. 👍🏼

Display looks great! :) Both installs done.

However, since this install I have had a lot of occassions where either both FM9Edit and the FM9 froze for a while, or that there is a big delay in switching scenes (resulting in change to scene in sound and no change on board, no change in scene and sound, ...). Anyone else have the same experience?

Display looks great! :) Both installs done.

However, since this install I have had a lot of occassions where either both FM9Edit and the FM9 froze for a while, or that there is a big delay in switching scenes (resulting in change to scene in sound and no change on board, no change in scene and sound, ...). Anyone else have the same experience?
What was the CPU % for that preset? When usage is 80+% the system can get starved and that can affect the UI and sound processing.

does it show the bybass/channel state in bigger font on the bottom of the screen as well? If not that would make it perfect if it did.
It doesn’t show that. The main display only shows the current preset, the scenes and which one is selected. There’s not enough screen space in the main display to be able to add that additional information.

Bypass and channel state are reflected by the switch rings and only apply to individual blocks. You can tell the modeler to add channel information to the mini-displays; see p. 9 in The Footswitch Functions Guide.

For example, I use channels on a drive block for different drive models, and assigned the hold function of that drive’s bypass switch to incremental the channel and set the display to show the block name and the current channel.

Last edited:
It doesn’t show that. The main display only shows the current preset, the scenes and which one is selected. There’s not enough screen space in the main display to be able to add that additional information.

Bypass and channel state are reflected by the switch rings and only apply to individual blocks. You can tell the modeler to add channel information to the mini-displays; see p. 9 in The Footswitch Functions Guide.

For example, I use channels on a drive block for different drive models, and assigned the hold function of that drive’s bypass switch to incremental the channel and set the display to show the block name and the current channel.
Right I get all that but on the screen when you bypass a drive for example it'll say drive bypassed, when you enable it it'll say drive enabled. When you switch channels it's say drive Chan B would be cool if that font you see at the bottom of the screen were to be a bit bigger as well. Just because sometimes I'm not focusing on what the strip says. It's a nit pik but just nice to have options. That's all.

Right I get all that but on the screen when you bypass a drive for example it'll say drive bypassed, when you enable it it'll say drive enabled. When you switch channels it's say drive Chan B would be cool if that font you see at the bottom of the screen were to be a bit bigger as well. Just because sometimes I'm not focusing on what the strip says. It's a nit pik but just nice to have options. That's all.
Ah, it sounded like you wanted all blocks to display their state.

Yes, the temporary status font size could probably be changed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom