FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many highly experienced Fractal users that are regularly available here and always willing to help. It makes this forum an excellent resource. As long as you do your due diligence to find solutions to your questions through traditional means (YouTube, manuals, etc) they will do what they can to help. The really cool thing is that many folks here “specialize” in certain styles, blocks, amps, etc and can provide some really creative solutions. It just shows how flexible Fractal gear can be.

I tried the new “Startup Preset” option but it appears that it's off by one. My main preset is in slot 398, so I chose that as my startup, but after a reboot it started up on 399. Maybe due to the display offset? Anyone else notice this?

I tried the new “Startup Preset” option but it appears that it's off by one. My main preset is in slot 398, so I chose that as my startup, but after a reboot it started up on 399. Maybe due to the display offset? Anyone else notice this?
Set the display offset to "1" and it should work fine. FM9-Edit > Setup > Display Offset =1

Set the display offset to "1" and it should work fine. FM9-Edit > Setup > Display Offset =1
That would seem like a bug to me.

The preset numbers will already display based on offset, so they should already be "aligned".

My offset is 0 and it works as expected, although I'm on a slightly older private beta.

What is your Display Offset set to?

with beta 2 do you also have problems with driver blocks? in fact they are wrong when selecting. If I choose BB Pre AT the software inserts Esoteric Bass RCB. If I choose Esoteric Bass RCB the software inserts the Klone Chiron and so on.

with beta 2 do you also have problems with driver blocks? in fact they are wrong when selecting. If I choose BB Pre AT the software inserts Esoteric Bass RCB. If I choose Esoteric Bass RCB the software inserts the Klone Chiron and so on.
You need to update FM9Edit to latest version !

Had a tinkle here

On scene 5 LOFI, if I mute the strings for a second, then hit them, there's a very short transient coming from Filter 1 sitting in parallel with the MultDly and Delay blocks. Bypassing the block makes the transient disappear.

It's occurring as the filter switches to the low frequencies at the beginning of the note. I looked at the modifier and the ADSR but haven't figured out what's causing it. I tried reducing the modifier's damping to 0 ms but that gave me no joy, and reducing ADSR 1's Release to 1 ms didn't fix it. Got an idea what's causing it?

That would seem like a bug to me.

The preset numbers will already display based on offset, so they should already be "aligned".

My offset is 0 and it works as expected, although I'm on a slightly older private beta.

What is your Display Offset set to?

@Gtrsolo350

I updated to this Firmware and tested with PC offset set to 0 and 1, no issues. I also tested with Midi PC Offset on 0 and 1, and tested with Midi Mapping ON.

No issues with any of those.

I think I found a bug not sure if it's the firmware or FM9 Edit. When I add a Compressor and then go to select type it doesn't select the correct type of compressor.

For example if I click on type Studio FF Compressor 2 it will selected Dynamicomp, If I select Dynamicomp it will select Analog Compressor.

The one compressor that when selected will get picked correctly is Studio FF Compressor 1

I'm using 4.01 public Beta 2 with FM9 Edit 1.01.07 on a Windows 11 machine fully updated.

On scene 5 LOFI, if I mute the strings for a second, then hit them, there's a very short transient coming from Filter 1 sitting in parallel with the MultDly and Delay blocks. Bypassing the block makes the transient disappear.

It's occurring as the filter switches to the low frequencies at the beginning of the note. I looked at the modifier and the ADSR but haven't figured out what's causing it. I tried reducing the modifier's damping to 0 ms but that gave me no joy, and reducing ADSR 1's Release to 1 ms didn't fix it. Got an idea what's causing it?
I'm seeing the same thing @Michael Pickens

I think I found a bug not sure if it's the firmware or FM9 Edit. When I add a Compressor and then go to select type it doesn't select the correct type of compressor.

For example if I click on type Studio FF Compressor 2 it will selected Dynamicomp, If I select Dynamicomp it will select Analog Compressor.

The one compressor that when selected will get picked correctly is Studio FF Compressor 1

I'm using 4.01 public Beta 2 with FM9 Edit 1.01.07 on a Windows 11 machine fully updated.
Refresh After Firmware Update in the editor ;)

Refresh After Firmware Update in the editor ;)
Thank you kind sir. Since there was an FM9 editor update I thought if I uninstall the old version and deleting the folder and reinstalling the latest version of FM9 editor it would do a refresh but it didn't, clicking on refresh after firmware update did the trick.
Best Friends Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Thank you kind sir. Since there was an FM9 editor update I thought if I uninstall the old version and deleting the folder and reinstalling the latest version of FM9 editor it would do a refresh but it didn't, clicking on refresh after firmware update did the trick.
Best Friends Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live
The editor can't distinguish between different minor versions of the same beta... So it needs a little nudge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom