Firmware 13 BETA Feedback?

They can talk about it. It's no big secret that we are doing it.

It depends a lot on the particular IR. In general I find it makes the sound less "direct". You can hear more of the room (unsurprisingly).

One of the best things is that you get better resolution than High Resolution mode but with less CPU usage. My test preset uses 46% CPU with a normal resolution cab, 54% with a High Resolution cab and 50% with an Ultra Res cab. So a 4% savings in CPU but higher resolution than hi-res.

Will this be retroactive to the cabs you already captured or do you have to recapture them? Sounds amazing, can't wait.

So the 8K RAW DUMP can be formated via CabLab to UltraRes and from there imported in the axe again? Means, we will be able to capture IRs and format them to UltraResCabs?

After that, the next question that comes to me is whether Tone Match will be able to support UltraRes. :)

Cool ;) Good to know, i wanted shoot some IRs tomorrow, but know i better wait and figure out, which friend (with a "plastic money access" *lol) can help me to get my Hands on CabLab ... (what i honestly not that much like, as mentioned in other threads before .... ) and wait for UltraRes ;)

It does in Realtime mode. You can export the Tone Match to CabLab and create and UltraRes IR.

But Tonematch is maxed to "normal res" 1024, so 21ms?! As you said, this will have no impact to UltraRes. Or will there also a RAW DUMP with higher resolution come? Don`t understand that, can you explain?

In Realtime mode the raw internal IR length is 8K which you can dump.

aha. So the actual processed tonematch in the Axe-Fx will be truncated, but the RAW data is there and can be exported to transform in UltraRes - did i get it?

Sorry, but one last question ... I assume, because of tecnical reasons the recalculation/formating in UltraRes can`t be done in the Axe-Fx II itself. Would this be perhaps possible with the XL in the future?

This is getting good!

This is really getting good! With the workaround of IR export and UltraRes formating also the TMA Block seems to benefit! This is awesome and more, than i expected! Really cool stuff!!! What a awesome plattform the Axe II is! And awesome work from Cliff! I`m really thankful for that!

It's all fun and games until I have to lie down with a cold compress on my head. I hope you people are happy.

Just let me know when it's available and how to use it.

The question I have, I think it was asked, but I don't remember seeing a response for is: Will all the factory cabs have the Ultra option like lo res, hi res, ultra res loaded into the firmware already?

What would have to be done to the OH IR's I just bought at Christmas time, to take advantage of Ultra Res (or would that be like converting an MP3 back into Wav format - you're really not increasing the quality, because it was already filtered by the mp3 process it went through, and you can't restore the bits that were removed?)

Can you tell, I don't understand? I want Ultrares in factory cabs, and in the aftermarket cabs I bought 40 days ago!

I'm lost.

It's all fun and games until I have to lie down with a cold compress on my head. I hope you people are happy.

Just let me know when it's available and how to use it.

The question I have, I think it was asked, but I don't remember seeing a response for is: Will all the factory cabs have the Ultra option like lo res, hi res, ultra res loaded into the firmware already?

What would have to be done to the OH IR's I just bought at Christmas time, to take advantage of Ultra Res (or would that be like converting an MP3 back into Wav format - you're really not increasing the quality, because it was already filtered by the mp3 process it went through, and you can't restore the bits that were removed?)

Can you tell, I don't understand? I want Ultrares in factory cabs, and in the aftermarket cabs I bought 40 days ago!

I'm lost.

ya , I'm a little lost here too. dump? is this a function built into CabLAb that I haven't noticed (well haven't needed up to this point)
I'm also curious about all of the stock cabs being "ultrares" able/ready?

Back
Top Bottom