ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

steadystate

Fractal Fanatic
Sheez! I tried. I tried to justify not doing it with every reason I can think of. No money.... No time.... What I have is just fine.... It's still in its infancy.... The audience won't really notice..... I am more fiscally responsible than this.... People are starving..... My roof leaks.... My shower leaks.... I'm not worthy..... I'll feel much better if I exercise self-control.... Um, did I say no money and no time?.....

It was enticing from the start. But now.....tape delay whose pitch can be radically modulated, IR capture, dynamic LPF on the expander, anticipated eq matching, new power amp modeling, high res amp mode, and who knows what else in the future....just too much. TOO MUCH I TELL YOU! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

I am on the waiting list as of today. Food and shelter be damned. DAMNED I SAY!!! I can eat dog food, my kid can go to public school, I can insert cardboard in my hole-soled shoes, I can sell my body to the night (get in line ladies). I have a few organs I don't think I need. BRING IT ON!!!!!

After I read this I just broke down and wept. Long slobbering wailing pangs of grief, WHY WHY WHY!!!! I just couldn't take it. I boxed up my Axe 2 and shipped it to you :lol LOL!!!! that was tooooo funny...............

Last edited:
Hey! You only live once! And there's no Axe fx in heaven! Neither in hell! God and Satan can't upgrade firmware. Cliff can!! Welcome in heaven on earth!!

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah I haven't caved in yet, but to see steadystate crack like that means it is only a matter of time for me... Must resist!

Last edited:
I agree with you Steadystate and I've only had my Ultra for a bit over a month and done a dozen gigs with it.

It's too tough reading about people having so much fun. Putting myself on the Oz list is almost worse because I have now officially acknowledged that I have a 6 month + wait ahead of me....

I have a spare bedroom at my place. If you need a place to stay while you save, you're welcome to sleep in the garage by the weed eater. :)

Last edited:
I can insert cardboard in my hole-soled shoes, I can sell my body to the night (get in line ladies). I have a few organs I don't think I need. BRING IT ON!!!!!

See your finding creative ways already!!

My roof leaks.... My shower leaks.... I'm not worthy..... I'll feel much better if I exercise self-control....

Roof, get a bucket. The shower leaks! Who cares it goes into the bathtub anyway.

Of course you’re worthy!!

Self-control and you will feel better!!!???? NO YOU WONT.
Now you’re just feeding yourself a line of BS.

If at any time during your wait you think you might have a change of heart just shoot me a PM with your phone and I will set you straight in less than a minute. I might end up destroying your life, but hey! These things happen! But you will have an Axe Fx II. :razz:razz

John

Dude, I had ZERO intention of ordering the II. Yet, for some reason I joined the waiting list on 07-19-2011 @ 9:11a.m. Fast forward 3.5 months. I started reading about it... Within 4 minutes I had started planning what I could sell. You're a better man than I for waiting this long. The Axe II is far too much resist. Even in its current state. God only knows what Cliff & Co. has in store for us.

steadystate, it's about damn time! I can't wait to hear what you can do with the II. What you did with the Gen 1 machine was the best I've ever heard from anyone. Looking forward to your recordings. :mrgreen

Hey Steady,
Hearing your Axe ll recordings and not being able to have the patch will be far more painfull than the waiting list was, and FYI, I cracked and ordered early. But will still be lovin to hear them here on the forum and in person. But I'm bringing a lap-top just in case you get drunk and feel like shareing;)

If Cliff gets the eq match thing going, tones like Heartbreaker and Eruption will be a lot easier to obtain since they are isolated guitar tracks. I spent forever trying to choose and blend the right IRs, and then spent another forever fine tuning the eq by ear. All that work will be much easier if this feature is ever included. I have mixed feelings about it now :)

Back
Top Bottom