Countdown 0.5...

I get "Bad Checksum"...spitting it out from a Mac Pro with a Digidesign HD MIDI I/O. Any ideas on what's wrong? I even disconnected the MIDI IN coming from the Axe FX, no go...?

Edit - Just tried it on my Macbook Pro with a Profire 2626 - still no go...WTF?? Clearly isn't a problem with the hardware, this Firmware must be buggy...

Last edited:
I tried Axe Edit on both rigs as well. The Firmware I downloaded was from last night just after midnight. I re-downloaded it again just now, but still no luck. Anyone else having issues with this?

EDIT - Halfed the settings in Axe Edit, seemed to work now!

Last edited:
Can I just say that the II looks even more badass?

Yes, it look great! New, fresh, BUT: On the second few a bit overloaded, different design elements (round knobs, angled knobs) and marketing wordings like G2 Modelling technology (uhhhhh, like BOSS COSM or ...). So, not anymore pure Engineer-Design. Not that timeless and absolutely consequent like the Gen1, like old BRAUN Hi-Fi, Porsche 911 (the OLD ones!!!!), etc ...

Time will judge ....

Anyhow: Axe-II looks fine ... and handling will be for sure much easier as the "vintage series".

I dub this super thread of nonsense Emperor Thread on behalf of Fractal Audio! This should be on a Fractal hall of fame :lol

symphx said:
tonight is 2 wks, I hope fractal keeps its promises.

There were no promises made about when the II would be available. The statement was something like, "One to two weeks, hopefully."

Last edited:
I'm just on page 50. We don't all see the same number of posts per page--it's a user setting.

Back
Top Bottom