Countdown 0.5...

Your are obligated by law to give the info about all facts that determine the value of product to the buyer, which he CANNOT a have objectivly an access to. That's long term jurisdisction.

Okay, so it's a buyers/sellers market in your own words. Let's see.

Tonight there's a buyer at your house for your fresh Axe-Fx. He wants to buy it from you for the same price as you paid for it. He's under the impression there are still few units for sale (as it was a couple of days ago).
He hasn't been aware of the countdown and doesn't ask questions.
Now, will you, out of your own free will, inform him that there there's gonna be a successor soon, therefore decreasing the value of your unit and getting less mony for it?

If yes, kudos to you but I don't believe you.
If no, should the buyer sue you?

My live sound consists of basically one middle of the road crunch sound. All that changes are effects, and lots of them. On the surface this new unit appeals to me more for the studio. When I write/record, I have a greater tendency to switch guitars, amps, speakers, microphones, you name it. Now, I haven't tried the new Firmware on my Standard yet, but if the overall underlying tone is a major improvement, this as a complete replacement for my Standard would be a consideration.

What am I trying to say?

When do we get to hear it???!!!

Yes. Definitely want to hear the Axe-Fx II. Regardless, I will most likely buy one as soon as I can, but I still want some clips to listen to while I drool in anticipation.

Most interesting feature to me is the USB audio feature. 3 channels of audio including a dry track for re-amping. No more need for a DI box :D I do a LOT of re-amping with the Axe and this will help out tremendously. I'm also more inclined to get the MFC now, since the interface is RJ-45 instead of MIDI. Just need to make sure it fits in my pedalboard and I might jump on one of those while I'm waiting for the Axe-Fx II...

I cant understand the "just got my ultra, Im so hard done by". A standard still does what a standard did. an ultra still does what an Ultra did. Axe-FX 2 is more expensive than either. You still paid for an ultra and get that.

I also dont think the used prices will take a big hit. From G66, its Axe-FX 2 or nothing once the stock, and last shipments of Ultras/Standards are sold. That means the entry price to the Fractal world is now higher than the Ultra was, and way higher than the Standard was. I think this will keep used prices of those up. OK they will maybe take a small hot - 100 or so (£/$/Euro), but once the initial "got to sell my Axe for an Axe 2" is over, thoses that cant afford the Axe 2 will still take a used Standard/Ultra as decent prices.

Im only gutted that I havent got the capital for the 2 - and probably wont have for 18 months to 2 years.

Cliff! Congrats on the new product, I wish you guys all the best.
Dude, get a flak vest, you should expect a lot of frag from recent Ultra buyers. Your company is booming get a PR guy, don't loose existing customers by not having a proper plan and communication releasing a new product. You let a lot of existing customers down by not communicating properly the upcoming plans. Next time don't let your inner circle to get rid of their oldie products before the release.

Can I just say that the II looks even more badass? I love it.

With the new changes, do you think people will still used a poweramp like the VHT 2/50/2 or 2/90/2? I wonder if there would be any benefit to utilizing something like that again...oh wait, you'll need that to power a cab, right? yarr!! I'm so ignorant right now.

Your are obligated by law to give the info about all facts that determine the value of product to the buyer, which he CANNOT a have objectivly an access to. That's long term jurisdisction.

You're also obligated by law to honor the terms of an NDA you signed. It's safe to assume the beta testers were under NDA and so they were not free to tell a potential buyer, "I'm selling my Axe-FX because I'm going to replace it with the new and improved Axe-FX II."

Of course, for all you know the people who bought these units are happy to have them and are too busy making music to worry about this kind of nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom