Coming Soon

The majority of members around here have made a solid commitment to modeling

Is that really true? Most people I've seen have one or two tube amps still. Even some solid-state amps still lurking. To me, modellers are just another option... they're not the panacea you've been looking for.

At any given time, my pedalboard easily has $2k of pedals on it that I'm constantly swapping around for this gig or that gig. So far, MultiFX pedals have been a sacrifice in quality. If this can give me quality and convenience, I'm in heaven.

Not just that, but if the AxeFx is any indication, you'll be able to re-arrange things on a whim. While not impossible, that's tough to do with discrete pedals. Plus, think of the noise reduction afforded by the lack of cabling, and the reduced maintenance for the same reason. I can see this unit being really popular. Most of us here won't need it as we already have all that functionality, but as I mentioned earlier in thread, there are probably a lot of (non-Fractal) people out there who would like to simplify their pedalboards but aren't interested in retiring their boutique (or otherwise special) amps/cabs.

Is that really true? Most people I've seen have one or two tube amps still. Even some solid-state amps still lurking. To me, modellers are just another option... they're not the panacea you've been looking for.

Well, you gotta keep something around. Personally, I just kept a little Fender Super Champ XD for those times when I don't want to think - just plug 'n' play. I do a lotta guitar work, and sometimes I don't care what something sounds like; I just want to know if the damn thing works. Once I'm past that, then I want the Axe because it has a fantastic tuner (great for setting up intonation) and I want to see where the fiddle will go.

But, everything else is gone. Don't need it.

Axe-Fx II = 2 Tigersharc CPUs. One for amp modelling, one for FX.
FX8 = 1 Tigersharc (assumption)

I'd love to see another floor unit in a similar form factor but dedicated to amp modelling. It would work on it's own but combined it with the FX8, you'd basically have the full Axe-Fx II in floorboard form.

EDIT: "up to 8 simultaneous effects". Perhaps it's a less expensive CPU (and thus a lower price on the product than people seem to be expecting)?

Last edited:
very cool! is it switchable between true bypass and buffered out? internal power supply? can we get a pic of the back showing the jacks? I'd like to order my lava pedalboard snake while i'm waiting for this!

Axe-Fx II = 2 Tigersharc CPUs. One for amp modelling, one for FX.
FX8 = 1 Tigersharc (assumption)

I'd love to see another floor unit in a similar form factor but dedicated to amp modelling.
EDIT: "up to 8 simultaneous effects". Perhaps it's a less expensive CPU (and thus a lower price on the product than people seem to be expecting)?

I guess you're right, but for me it's not a big problem if dedicated amp modeling stomp box will hold only 1 amp & 1 cab emulation... ;) more than enough to rock!

I guess you're right, but for me it's not a big problem if dedicated amp modeling stomp box will hold only 1 amp & 1 cab emulation... ;) more than enough to rock!

Everyone is wishing it had Amps and Cabs, its just not. He has a specific type of person in mind for this type of device. And its for amp lovers. Nothing wrong with that.

I still will probably buy it.

This product is aimed at the person who doesn't want to use modeling. It is specifically designed for use with an amp. The I/O architecture was designed to integrate with tube amps.

The one thing people seem to be assuming is that we have no other products under development. In fact we have no less than six new products in active development.

This product is aimed at the person who doesn't want to use modeling. It is specifically designed for use with an amp. The I/O architecture was designed to integrate with tube amps.

The one thing people seem to be assuming is that we have no other products under development. In fact we have no less than six new products in active development.

BIG NEWS! <3

I love hearing this stuff! Nothing but happy to see what you guys come up with next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fact we have no less than six new products in active development.

I've only been a Fractal user for a few months. It's exciting to see how much software advancement is always in the pipeline, and this is quite big. I'm very happy with my AxeFX II XL and MFC-101 MkIII. Whatever is coming, if it's at the same level of quality, it'll be fantastic. Also, it's great to see the company branching out a bit with a device aimed at users who really love their tube amps but want a high-quality floorboard effect unit. I am also interested in the new control pedals. Keep it coming, guys!

That's what I thought.

And while I don't want to discourage early announcements, some detail might be a Good Thing. Clearly, the thing is very close to distribution/availability, so why make everybody pee their pants over it? Tell 'em what it is, why it exists and how it works, then let them anticipate its delivery. Otherwise, you have threads like this where everybody is just guessing as what's going on. Unless you enjoy that sort of thing, which is also understandable. I might do the same thing in your position, but it seems a bit cruel. You have to know how much everybody loves your company.

This is why I remain silent until a detailed announcement release is posted.

Back
Top Bottom