Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 7.00

Wow that reveal hold and swap of hold/tap would be extremely useful with the FC6.

I have only had the III for a couple weeks but I played for an hour last night with an AC20 and an SDD preamp and it sounded incredible. No idea if it's better than before or the same but the tone is more 3D and engaging than the AX8 and Kemper I used (and about 3 or 4 steps ahead of the Helix).

This unfortunately isn't working for me on FW7. When I release the Reveal hold it goes back to original layout. I've tried the toggle and momentary and it doesn't change the behavior. Does it matter if it's on the tap or hold side of the switch. I have it on the hold side of the switch. I have execute mode set to timeout because Switch Up doesn't work well with the hold reveal switch either.
Maybe someone else can help you before I can -- I won't be near by gear for a few days. Post your system settings. That's the first thing we'll need to help.

Wow that reveal hold and swap of hold/tap would be extremely useful with the FC6.

I have only had the III for a couple weeks but I played for an hour last night with an AC20 and an SDD preamp and it sounded incredible. No idea if it's better than before or the same but the tone is more 3D and engaging than the AX8 and Kemper I used (and about 3 or 4 steps ahead of the Helix).
The AC20 is my favorite "AC" style amp.

Maybe someone else can help you before I can -- I won't be near by gear for a few days. Post your system settings. That's the first thing we'll need to help.
Looks to me like Reveal Hold is set to "Momentary".

EDIT: never mind, reread his description.

Last edited:
@Fatjac Glad you got it working. Just a helpful word: you are saying "Toggle" but you mean "Hold". The footswitches have Tap and Hold functions, not Tap and Toggle functions.

Thanks. It's a steep learning curve! I only got the FC12 this week. I thought that pushing the switch was either a Tap or Hold function but in the Axe where you select the operation that you want the switch to perform with the HOLD I was using toggle. That was what I was referring to. As I say I'm new to it!

The AC20 is my favorite "AC" style amp.

I liked it on the AX8, but I LOVE it on the Axe 3. Big reason I bailed on the Kemper was I could not find an AC tone I liked. Just a rabbit hole of profiles that missed the mark (too bright, too dark, too fizzy, too clean, etc). With the Axe 3 I literally just adjust the gain knob and I'm there. It sounds great with practically any of the factory cabs too, although right now I an using a 2x12 Ownhammer with Greenbacks (57/160 blend).

Thanks for this release - just keeps getting better and better.

Biggest treat for me is discovering the Transformer Match parameter, never used it before - very useful in that last little tweak!

Loving the bugfixes and new tones!

Noticed that just in Cab1, it seems to have a lot of Low Cut settings bumped to 77Hz on as many as all 4 Channels. Also, some IRs that used to be pink are now green, including some of my user IRs.
Are you talking about the individual cab low cuts on the 1st page or the master low cut on the 2nd page? I didn't notice anything on the 2nd page and wasn't really looking at the 1st page when I first installed 7 yesterday.

Are you talking about the individual cab low cuts on the 1st page or the master low cut on the 2nd page? I didn't notice anything on the 2nd page and wasn't really looking at the 1st page when I first installed 7 yesterday.
Individual low cuts on Cab 1, mostly across all 4 channels of the first IR on the left.

Cab 2 seems unaffected, as do the second, third, and fourth IRs in Cab 1.

Last edited:

The problem was a PIC issue. I changed from momentary to toggle on a switch in layout 6 but was in layout 1 on the FC12 and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Changed to layout 6 on the FC and it started working.

PIC Issue = Problem in Chair = ME o_O

The problem was a PIC issue. I changed from momentary to toggle on a switch in layout 6 but was in layout 1 on the FC12 and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Changed to layout 6 on the FC and it started working.

PIC Issue = Problem in Chair = ME o_O
Glad you got it sorted out.

It’s important to keep track of what layout you’re on vs. what layout you’re editing. Otherwise, you could be in for a surprise, as you discovered. With great flexibility comes great responsibility. :)

It’s also one of the reasons that not every Wish gets implemented. The more the gear can do, the more stuff you have to keep track of in your mind.

Back
Top Bottom