Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 7.00

I appreciate the attempts to help "fix" the preset but the recording was to show a possible issue with the USA Lead and appears to be similar to what @shatteredsquare is experiencing. The specific tone in question begins at the 9 second mark of the clip. It's the USA Lead model with the default settings: Input Drive and Overdrive at 5.0, Master at 5.0 and yes, the Power Amp sim is on in the Amp block. Comparing the parameters from the USA Lead to the Herbie Ch3, there isn't any obvious discrepancies that could cause the loss of high end, exaggerated low end and lack of drive.

I wasn't trying to fix anything. I used the same settings with a different cab. Here's a preset by ML Sound Lab using the USA Lead model. Load up that preset in the Axe and compare it to the tone in the demo below. Granted, that demo was created in 2018, a number of firmwares ago, but the high and low-end don't sound much different to me. I'm not hearing the same amount of gain, but whether that's due to an issue with the model or a difference in pickups, I don't know.

Last edited:
I guess it's just a matter of waiting and hoping that it will eventually fix itself since it seems to be an anomaly with my Axe. I'm not going to reset anything at this point with gigs coming up. There are other amp models that give me close to what the USA Lead does so it's not like I'm without that type of tone.

I guess it's just a matter of waiting and hoping that it will eventually fix itself since it seems to be an anomaly with my Axe. I'm not going to reset anything at this point with gigs coming up. There are other amp models that give me close to what the USA Lead does so it's not like I'm without that type of tone.

Did the high and low end of the preset I linked to sound a lot different on your unit than the sample in the video?

Did the high and low end of the preset I linked to sound a lot different on your unit than the sample in the video?
Trying the preset on my Axe, it's brighter, less tight on the low end and has decent crunch but not the higher gain, palm muting tone as the video. If the Input Drive and Overdrive are set to 10, it gets closer but falls apart in the low end, gets "flubby".

Back
Top Bottom