Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Public holiday down here in Perth so I had a lovely sleep in and woke up to see this! There's a wonderful mid forward character to the skull crusher that comes alive in a mix - initially I wasn't blown away by it but as soon as I fired it up in a track with an 808 boost it hit me. The new modifier additions are a lot of fun too. Anyway, here's some Savatage.

Preset - http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6839

@shatteredsquare that Tremoverb preset is ridiculously thick, love it!

@Burgs had a play with that preset while my video was uploading and I'm glued to that fuzz.

@FractalAudio this FW is ridiculous. Congrats on the new axe!

I rehearsed all afternoon, then started listening back to recordings of practice. Happy as can be with 3.02. Sounded great in the room, great on the recordings. Total success.

So, before crashing tonight i decided to check in on the forum and find this? I'll have to wait til after work tomorrow, but really looking forward to that Skull Crusher. Almost wanna venture out to the jam room out back and do it now, but the shoes are off and feet are up.

And congrats on the Anderson Cliff! Real Beauty and those things almost play themselves. Got my first one about 2 1/2 years ago, and now I have 3. First was a blue Drop Top S, then a Drop Top T. Then a Pro Am. I want an Angel, but after this firmware, I'm more inclined to get anothe Axe-fx III to keep one in the house for situations like this evening. Lol

Public holiday down here in Perth so I had a lovely sleep in and woke up to see this! There's a wonderful mid forward character to the skull crusher that comes alive in a mix - initially I wasn't blown away by it but as soon as I fired it up in a track with an 808 boost it hit me. The new modifier additions are a lot of fun too. Anyway, here's some Savatage.

@shatteredsquare that Tremoverb preset is ridiculously thick, love it!

@Burgs had a play with that preset while my video was uploading and I'm glued to that fuzz.

@FractalAudio this FW is ridiculous. Congrats on the new axe!

that might be your best tone to date IMHO

reminds me of my Mark IV (either the real one or my axe patch) with the Precision Drive in front, attack set to 2

....just crawled out of my studio. 5 minute / 2 hour quick play thru the III, after B 4.
Sounds too good. I might have turned into a pedal guy , thanks to this. I didn’t audition much. I got stuck - jamming to death on some Marshall goodness , along with some pedals. Got hooked , so I couldn’t move on. Can’t wait to play tomorrow.
The pedals are adding something great to the amps now. With the channels for amps and drives , it seems like there’s no end to the “Distortion Madness” available.

I literally blew thru a couple of hours on 1 preset , using 1 amp and 1 drive , using multiple channels for each.
This update changes - everything.

Surely this isn't really happening....
You know all the other companies I've given a few thousand dollars to just disappear immediately don't you?
Thanks Thanks
Pauly

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/4p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_4p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved Amp block preamp tube modeling.

Improved Amp block cathode follower grid modeling.

Added modifier capability to Decay Time, Level 1-8 and Pan 1-8 controls in Plex Delay block.

Added Presence Shift control to Amp block Tone page for the appropriate models when using Authentic controls.

Added SV Bass 1 amp model. This is the original SV Bass model prior to the change in 2.05. The new SV Bass model added at 2.05 has been renamed SV Bass 2.

Added FAS Skull Crusher amp model. The nastiest, most brutal amp model to ever escape from the seventh layer.

Reworked PI Fuzz model based on older “Triangle” version reference. A soft-reset of the model is required to load the new parameter values. Note that duplicating the behavior of a fuzz pedal requires that the pedal be the first non-bypassed block following the Input 1 block and the input block impedance must be set to Auto since fuzz pedals load down the guitar’s pickups.

Fixed Tone page for Plexi 100W 1970 not showing Normal Drive control.

Fixed incorrect capacitor value and wrong default Low Cut value in BB Pre Drive model.

Fixed wrong default Low Cut value in Eternal Love and Esoteric ACB Drive models.

Fixed Output EQ in Amp block not being redrawn when changing channels and number of bands is different.

Thanks a ton, Cliff! The hits just keep coming, huh? part of the reason I finally broke down and bought the Axe-Fx III is because I missed the endless stream of firmware updates.

I'll be staying on 3.02 for a bit. I've got a couple of gigs next weekend and I don't want to upgrade before then.

Spent all day yesterday updating some of my Axe-Fx III presets for 3.02. Surprised at how much tweaking was needed? Even presets without a Comp or Drive block...

I feel your pain. I've spent about 16 hours in the past few days converting about 50 presets from my AFX II to the III, and for the most part rebuilding them all from scratch to take advantage of things I've learned over the past few years. Especially in regards to output levels. Some of my older presets were built when I first got my II and they were a dog's breakfast. Spent the bulk of Sunday playing at gig volume in the living room making the final tweaks. (Told the wife it'd be a good day for her to run errands and go visit friends, lol.)

I feel your pain. I've spent about 16 hours in the past few days converting about 50 presets from my AFX II to the III, and for the most part rebuilding them all from scratch to take advantage of things I've learned over the past few years. Especially in regards to output levels. Some of my older presets were built when I first got my II and they were a dog's breakfast. Spent the bulk of Sunday playing at gig volume in the living room making the final tweaks. (Told the wife it'd be a good day for her to run errands and go visit friends, lol.)
Yep, The only downside to the unbelievable pace of these amazing updates.:confused::cool:.

Around 90 different Axe-Fx III presets, in two versions (with and without expression pedals), each of those in two versions (high and medium output pickups) = over 350 Axe-Fx III presets to go through.

Yep, The only downside to the unbelievable pace of these amazing updates.:confused::cool:.

Around 90 different Axe-Fx III presets, in two versions (with and without expression pedals), each of those in two versions (high and medium output pickups) = over 350 Axe-Fx III presets to go through.

I remember a few years ago FAS remarked about there will not be many amp modelling changes hereon in. I am sure he had a funny feeling something's not quite right as soon as he hit "post reply". I was definitely scoffing - should have made that a signature quote. Can't find that post now!

I remember a few years ago FAS remarked about there will not be many amp modelling changes hereon in. I am sure he had a funny feeling something's not quite right as soon as he hit "post reply". I was definitely scoffing - should have made that a signature quote. Can't find that post now!
IIRC, that was when 'Mimic' was announced. Each model would be "Mimic'd" against the reference Amp to ensure it's 'tonal' consistency throughout firmware changes.;). But honestly, if it sounded the same, it wouldn't be an improvement.:cool:

Bring it on.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

As my Opinion there is a bug in the Drivemodell Brit Crusher. The sound interrupts
Sincerly Peter

Thank you for sharing the preset!

Add this to that preset if you intend to crush a Pentaceratops Skull.

Skull-Crusher-EQ.png

and some Room Level and Floor Reflections at the CAB (if you're playing with headphones and want to crush your skull)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom