Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
First guitar I've bought in something like 10 years.

Come on now ......You expect us to believe you didn’t buy a Gibson , back when they came out with those nifty G force tuning systems ?

Edit : looks like that was 2007 , so you might be telling the truth.

Nice looking guitar. Hope she plays well !

Thanks Cliff, I don’t know how you do it but I am glad you do. I can’t even keep up with updating my presets.

Anything you’re willing to share? I’m just curious what the go-to parameters would be for those moves.
In the dynamics page I lowered the compression to 64%, In the preamp page I put the lowcut frequency to 400 and tonestack to 600 while switching the preamp tubes to 12AX7a's, power supply page I put the sag on 1 and B+ on 16.22. Sometimes I lower the PI Bias excursion but I didn't on this amp.

Disclaimer - I'm by no means an expert and just tweak until I get results I like. These changes may or may not help you achieve what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is my favorite firmware of all time. I was going to work on porting it to the Axe-Fx II but ended up just playing most of the day. So happy with it that I bought a new guitar. I've always wanted an Anderson so I bought this:
MonsterTones? I have those in my old Schecter and they're ripping good pickups. It is very un-Strat like.

Today must be Buy Your Axe A Guitar Day. No comparison to yours but one I've had my eye one lately and pulled the trigger today.

Reverend Tricky Gomez
7QMrw7b.jpg

Yeah, this is my favorite firmware of all time. I was going to work on porting it to the Axe-Fx II but ended up just playing most of the day. So happy with it that I bought a new guitar. I've always wanted an Anderson so I bought this:
Sweet. Lord knows you earned it. Make some noise with that beauty!

rtpnwxfkd6kwa2yhx2da.jpg

What a coincidence. After a GAS break I was looking a guitars. I was checking out Anderson’s. Let us know how it sounds.

I've just loaded 4.00Beta and I've come here to GUSH about how freakin' good this sounds!!!!!!
I'm totally gobsmacked about how Cliff manages to find a bit more in every update.
I've been using Fractal exclusively since 2007 and I'M STILL blown away by this product.
I must mention, in passing, that I too have just brought another beauty into the stable and she's enjoying 4.00b as much as I am.
Here she is ...(1960 LP Jr)
Congrats on your new lady Cliff and.......on this excellent update.
DSC-0099-2-resize-resize.jpg

Last edited:

rtpnwxfkd6kwa2yhx2da.jpg
Welcome to the club. Love me some Andy's. I've got 3.

rtpnwxfkd6kwa2yhx2da.jpg

Beutiful guitar Cliff!! love those T.A´s. about the II Porting, take your time :D

Haven't even loaded 3.02 yet! Seriously Cliff how much do you sleep? 4-6 hours or less I'm guessing.

Am I the only one that has made Leon part of firmware update workflow?

I'm floored by this Firmware, Cliff. Thank you so much. For what I do it's astoundingly great and coupled with the Authentic Tone Control Display (thank you again) I'm finding it hard to get any work done as it's so much fun. How great is the newly modelled Pi Fuzz? Wow! So, here's a little video and preset to celebrate. It only touches the surface but Strat/Tele players may enjoy it, I hope.

The preset: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6838

Now to break out the ESP's and head into the Seventh Circle of the FAS Skull Crusher... :smilingimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom