Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for sharing the preset!

Add this to that preset if you intend to crush a Pentaceratops Skull.

Skull-Crusher-EQ.png

and some Room Level and Floor Reflections at the CAB (if you're playing with headphones and want to crush your skull)
Cool

I'm floored by this Firmware, Cliff. Thank you so much. For what I do it's astoundingly great and coupled with the Authentic Tone Control Display (thank you again) I'm finding it hard to get any work done as it's so much fun. How great is the newly modelled Pi Fuzz? Wow! So, here's a little video and preset to celebrate. It only touches the surface but Strat/Tele players may enjoy it, I hope.

The preset: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6838

Now to break out the ESP's and head into the Seventh Circle of the FAS Skull Crusher... :smilingimp:

Wow! That fuzz pi now really sounds like a good muff. Thanks Cliff!

Added Presence Shift control to Amp block Tone page for the appropriate models when using Authentic controls.

Maybe I don't understand it but it doesn't seem to work on my unit. Presence Shift is only shown under power amp with the Mark IV and Triaxis models.

Maybe I don't understand it but it doesn't seem to work on my unit. Presence Shift is only shown under power amp with the Mark IV and Triaxis models.

That’s why it says “for appropriate models”.
Where do you miss it / should it appear?

The Mark IV and probably Triaxis models should have it on the tone page if I understand Cliff's statement correctly. The real Mark IV has got a Presence Shift on the front panel.
The Triaxis is modeled with a 2:90 as power amp (which seems to be almost identical to the Mark IV PA). The 2:90 had the Presence Shift on the back panel so it's debatable whether it's appropriate.

The Mark IV and probably Triaxis models should have it on the tone page if I understand Cliff's statement correctly. The real Mark IV has got a Presence Shift on the front panel.
The Triaxis is modeled with a 2:90 as power amp (which seems to be almost identical to the Mark IV PA). The 2:90 had the Presence Shift on the back panel so it's debatable whether it's appropriate.

Are you referring to the editor or hardware?

As it's mentioned in the release notes for the firmware I guess it's supposed to refer to the hardware. But I don't know for sure. It's just an assumption.

Skull Crusher sounds like someone slapped a power amp on their favorite drive pedal architecture. There is some parallel gain staging going on, you can hear it if you turn the gain down to minimum while playing

I'm floored by this Firmware, Cliff. Thank you so much. For what I do it's astoundingly great and coupled with the Authentic Tone Control Display (thank you again) I'm finding it hard to get any work done as it's so much fun. How great is the newly modelled Pi Fuzz? Wow! So, here's a little video and preset to celebrate. It only touches the surface but Strat/Tele players may enjoy it, I hope.

The preset: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6838

Now to break out the ESP's and head into the Seventh Circle of the FAS Skull Crusher... :smilingimp:

Can you tell me what cab(s) are you using? Don't have an AXEIII, so I can't check your preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom