Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/4p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_4p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved Amp block preamp tube modeling.

Improved Amp block cathode follower grid modeling.

Added modifier capability to Decay Time, Level 1-8 and Pan 1-8 controls in Plex Delay block.

Added Presence Shift control to Amp block Tone page for the appropriate models when using Authentic controls.

Added SV Bass 1 amp model. This is the original SV Bass model prior to the change in 2.05. The new SV Bass model added at 2.05 has been renamed SV Bass 2.

Added FAS Skull Crusher amp model. The nastiest, most brutal amp model to ever escape from the seventh layer.

Reworked PI Fuzz model based on older “Triangle” version reference. A soft-reset of the model is required to load the new parameter values. Note that duplicating the behavior of a fuzz pedal requires that the pedal be the first non-bypassed block following the Input 1 block and the input block impedance must be set to Auto since fuzz pedals load down the guitar’s pickups.

Fixed Tone page for Plexi 100W 1970 not showing Normal Drive control.

Fixed incorrect capacitor value and wrong default Low Cut value in BB Pre Drive model.

Fixed wrong default Low Cut value in Eternal Love and Esoteric ACB Drive models.

Fixed Output EQ in Amp block not being redrawn when changing channels and number of bands is different.

That's it. Now I'm convinced that Cliff is actually a self aware artificial intelligence. See how the Fractal AI is slowly converting, infiltrating, hacking, into every guitarist. Soon, Fractal with achieve Singularity and control all musicians.

Note - it's my birthday and all I've been doing is re-arrsnging my home studio, so, I'm a little frazzled.

Added FAS Skull Crusher amp model. The nastiest, most brutal amp model to ever escape from the seventh layer.
That made me grin! :D

Fixed wrong default Low Cut value in Eternal Love and Esoteric ACB Drive models.
I'll have to take a look at what the default is and what my settings are on 3.02. I seem to recall changing the Low Cut when I dialed it in (it's a staple in my presets).

Has the ACB been wrong for a while or just the recent drive revamping?

Amazing to see a 4.0 beta already. En Fuego!

Just when I had a great tone at a gig last night, dialed in... and you go and do something like this... ;)

I assume this firmware may change sounds of the amp models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom