Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.05

Mic DI IR capture is not working in 2.05 for me. I shot an IR in 2.04, worked, upgraded, nope, downgraded and yep.

Note, changing the IR number in the setup menu was very laggy also. Not so with 2.04.

Mic DI IR capture is not working in 2.05 for me. I shot an IR in 2.04, worked, upgraded, nope, downgraded and yep.

Note, changing the IR number in the setup menu was very laggy also. Not so with 2.04.
Just tested it here and it works fine. I can confirm the laggy menu behavior though.

Hi,
I use the tap tempo switch on the mfc since the launch of afxiii.
i send a midi CC#14 message
everything has always worked well on this side before this new fw version.
the message is well received by the afxiii but the calculation of the tempo no longer seems based on an average calculations of the number of taps.
my global tempo setting is set on average.
did you have the same issue on your side?

edit: it's not the fw who was in cause but the off value of the IA on the MFC who was set on 000 instead of OFF.
Maybe this parameter has changed during the recent update of "MFC EDIT" and my new dumping ..? o_O

Last edited:
The meters on the front panel are the post-fader meters. The meters in the block are pre-fader. The red line on the meters in the block indicate -12 dBFS.

Again, sorry for not letting this die, but I'm not seeing what you describe. When the DAW levels for Out1 and Out4 read the same, the hardware meters are not the same. It's as if the +4/-10 reference levels are not being taken into account. I've created a short video - I hope this helps.

Maybe I am wrong but, on the Control Switch scenes configuration, it is only possible to select the first slot and the options are: input 1-2-3-4, Other slots are not configurable.
How does work the CS configuration now?

Again, sorry for not letting this die, but I'm not seeing what you describe. When the DAW levels for Out1 and Out4 read the same, the hardware meters are not the same. It's as if the +4/-10 reference levels are not being taken into account. I've created a short video - I hope this helps.

Out of curiosity, is your III acting as the audio interface via USB in that example, or are you connected to the Apollo with the analog outs? I'm using the III's USB as the audio interface, and I have my patches leveled such that I hit about 0 to 1ish dB on the Out1 block, and in Logic then I get about a -10 to -8ish dB signal on the channel strip as I'd expect (same as with the II)... just wondering if running analog into the Apollo it's somehow knocking down your signal by 12 db and that's why you see a low reference level on the channel strip when properly leveled in the III? Like maybe the Apollo is expecting a +4 dBV signal at its inputs or something? Also I think you're probably seeing proper level from Out4 into the Apollo because Output 4 (and 3) is designed for unity gain when it's front panel Level knob is turned all the way up, unlike Output 1

Last edited:

maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that the discrepancy in levels between out 1 and 4 is the volume knob on output 1. It looks to me like you have your patch way too loud on output 1 and then are probably running the output volume hardware knob low on affx to achieve "same gain" on apollo

Out of curiosity, is your III acting as the audio interface via USB in that example, or are you connected to the Apollo with the analog outs?
It's all analog. My projects aren't all at 48kHz so I don't use USB mode.

Like maybe the Apollo is expecting a +4 dBV signal at its inputs or something? Also I think you're probably seeing proper level from Out4 into the Apollo because Output 4 (and 3) is designed for unity gain when it's front panel Level knob is turned all the way up, unlike Output 1

You can see in the video that the Out1 input on the Apollo is set to -10dBV reference as is Out1 on the Axe. The Output 1 knob on the front panel is at about 2:00 to get the two outputs even.

maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that the discrepancy in levels between out 1 and 4 is the volume knob on output 1. It looks to me like you have your patch way too loud on output 1 and then are probably running the output volume hardware knob low on affx to achieve "same gain" on apollo

As Cliff has said, the meters inside the blocks are "pre-fader", meaning, before the front-panel knobs.

If you look at the DAW levels, you'll see the levels start in a reasonable place. The Output 4 knob is all the way up (unity-gain) and the Output 1 knob is at about 2:00 to match the levels.

Here's a crappy picture of the front panels of the Apollo and Axe III. The purple circles (on the left) are Out 1 and the blue (on the right) are Out 4. Note that the Apollo sees the same level on both outputs, but the Axe III front panel shows different levels (three lights for Out 1, two lights for Out 4).

Out 1 is set to -10dBV reference as are both inputs on the Apollo.

AXE-levels.jpg

Here's a crappy picture of the front panels of the Apollo and Axe III. The purple circles (on the left) are Out 1 and the blue (on the right) are Out 4. Note that the Apollo sees the same level on both outputs, but the Axe III front panel shows different levels (three lights for Out 1, two lights for Out 4).

Out 1 is set to -10dBV reference as are both inputs on the Apollo.

View attachment 51835
The meters on the front of the Axe-Fx are relative to full-scale. They are not calibrated in dBu. They are to assist you so that you don't clip the converters.

Hi,
I use the tap tempo switch on the mfc since the launch of afxiii.
i send a midi CC#14 message
everything has always worked well on this side before this new fw version.
the message is well received by the afxiii but the calculation of the tempo no longer seems based on an average calculations of the number of taps.
my global tempo setting is set on average.
did you have the same issue on your side?
Works correctly here.

Maybe I am wrong but, on the Control Switch scenes configuration, it is only possible to select the first slot and the options are: input 1-2-3-4, Other slots are not configurable.
How does work the CS configuration now?
I don't understand the question. Can you describe exactly what you are trying to do? Are you using the editor?

Back
Top Bottom