Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.05

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Added Threshold parameter for all types in Compressor block.

Change Drive block behavior so that when changing the Drive Type the graphic EQ is reset.

Reworked SV Bass amp model. Model is now based on a 1970 Ampeg SVT with 6550 power tubes and the midrange switch in position 3.

Cabinet block now automatically corrects the polarity of IRs that are inverted, i.e. captured from the back of a cabinet.

Added floor reflection modeling to Cabinet block. The intensity of the floor reflections can be adjusted with the new “Floor Reflections” parameter. Floor reflections play a large role in “amp in the room” sound. If the amp is on a carpet the floor reflections are minimal. If the amp is on a wood or other hard surface the floor reflections are significant. Existing presets will initialize this value to 0% so as to not change the sound. The default value is 50%. Note that negative values, while not realistic, are supported which inverts the reflection.

Added Diffusion to the Cabinet block room modeling.

Improved IR Capture Utility. User can now select between conventional deconvolution and reverse filter processing. In a high-noise environment the reverse filter technique can provide better results. In low-noise environments the conventional technique can provide slightly better bandwidth and magnitude accuracy. Note that the prior firmware used the reverse filter technique.

Added Processing parameter to IR Capture Utility. This selects between “Minimum-Phase” which transforms the IR into a minimum-phase version, “Auto-Trim” which removes the leading silence, and “None” which applies no processing at all. Note: prior firmware always used minimum-phase processing.

Added Delay Compensation to IR Capture Utility. This allows compensating for time-of-flight delay when capturing IRs. For example when capturing far-field IRs there may be significant time delay due to the distance of the mic from the speaker. This can reduce the precision of the measurement if the delay is excessive. To use the compensation configure the graph to the Time display. Do a test sweep and note the waveform delay. Dial in the desired amount of compensation delay and repeat as necessary. Note that the speed of sound is roughly 1 ft/ms so a mic that is 10 ft from the speaker would incur roughly 10 ms of delay. Note that IR Capture Utility will automatically compensate for delays up to approximately 20 ms (1K samples). Correction is only required for delays greater than 20 ms.

Added alignment graph to Cabinet block showing a zoomed time series of the IRs allowing visual adjustment of the mic distance. When using IRs that have not been minimum-phase processed this facilitates aligning the IRs.

Added Volume Increment/Decrement CCs for Output 2.

Added “Analog Compressor” to Compressor block. This compressor has a natural soft-knee response and captures the vibe of the classic compressors of the 70’s and 80’s.

Added Mix control to Multiband Compressor block.

Added Knee Type control to Multiband Compressor block.

Corrected the VU meters in the Output block to compensate for the “unity gain” nature of Outputs 3 and 4. Note that the Output block meters are BEFORE the Level controls (pre-fader) on the front panel and are therefore unaffected by the Level controls. The meters indicate the internal signal level relative to full-scale (dBFS).

Renamed Dumble-style amp models with PAB on accordingly.

Changed Volume Inc/Dec behavior so that muting is not performed.

Various changes and fixes for FC-6/12 foot controllers. Note: this firmware, or a later version, should be installed for proper operation of the foot controllers.

Fixed clicking noise in Pitch block at certain values of shift and tracking.

Fixed Cabinet block LF Damping and HF Damping parameters sometimes not working.

Fixed output gain of Compressor block when using either of the Pedal types dependent upon the Ratio control of the Studio type.

Fixed crash when adjusting Amp block Screen Q rapidly.

Thank you sir! Hoping my name comes up on the FC tomorrow. I seem to have gotten passed up in the order, but will stay patient:)

FW 2.05 just killed my Axe III. Transfer completed without incident.
On start, Logo lights up, All LED's climb once, then disappear.
Then nothing. Just a gray screen, no other lights besides the Logo.
Does anyone know the Emergency Start sequence?
Coming off 2.05 Beta, which worked fine.

Thanks

FW 2.05 just killed my Axe III. Transfer completed without incident.
On start, Logo lights up, All LED's climb once, then disappear.
Then nothing. Just a gray screen, no other lights besides the Logo.
Does anyone know the Emergency Start sequence?
Coming off 2.05 Beta, which worked fine.

Thanks
when did you download the file? a while ago?

Downloaded around 5PM, just installed at 8PM. I found the Emergency Recover
sequence. Just restarted holding Page L/R, did Mem ckeck (ok).
Trying the update once more before returning to 2.05 Beta.

Thanks

Downloaded around 5PM, just installed at 8PM. I found the Emergency Recover
sequence. Just restarted holding Page L/R, did Mem ckeck (ok).
Trying the update once more before returning to 2.05 Beta.

Thanks
Delete that version you downloaded at 5 pm and download via the link in the OP. Use the emergency recovery utility to install the new version.

OK, downloaded the Firmware again (around 8:15 PM) and retried the update
after starting with Emergency Recovery. This time it installed correctly.
Thank you for the help!

Still no good here.

Edit: I d/l it three times with Firefox but looking at the time stamp on the file creation it says 4:52pm, so somehow I’m thinking FF has it cashed somewhere local on my system & keeps giving me the same f’n file. Lol
So I d/l it with Edge & the time stamp was 7:04pm & am installing that one now. Hoping that’ll do the trick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom