Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 10.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having issues with the drive block? Seems like i can't get past the advance tab on the new Ruckus LED/Si type, the screen just goes blank.
It does this on both existing and new presets.
I tried the new Ruckus model and experienced similar results.

The first page after the Type is the one with diode options and not the normal Drive, Level, etc.

Page right a few times and see a blank screen. Page right a couple more times and the Axe Fx locks up with no sound.

I did this 3 times with the same results each time.

Definitely a bug of some sort.

The first page after the Type is the one with diode options and not the normal Drive, Level, etc.

Page right a few times and see a blank screen. Page right a couple more times and the Axe Fx locks up with no sound.

When I scrolled to the ADVANCED page the unit started screaming/feedback and i couldn't turn the drive block off.
I had to shutdown. I think I've soiled myself.

I just lost the evening to the SLO, with 5881 , I don't know what changed but that thing screams .
ML GB IR. Gain on 5 , input boost on w tube screamer bass 4 mids 5 ,treble 6 and the master opened up to 6
it is so good .
I started going through old presets from when I first got the AxeFX back in April. I had gone through and picked some sounds I liked. Some got developed into later presets, but this batch of about a half-dozen just sat around waiting. I found a lot of the "also-rans" were "home runs" with FW10 and the gain-enhancer on about 2. The 2204 sounds majestic. The Trainwrecks were full of spitty "Dirty Jersey" attitude. I dumped a duplicate of the TW Liverpool preset and made an SLO-100 preset to replace it. Paired it with @2112's TV Mix 2 cab, and it sounds really great.

Same issue here, scroll too far and it blacks out and there's no way to return.

Confirmed and reported.

The new drives sound real good. I dialed in channels A-D with different drive pedals and saved it to the block library. I switched to another preset and tried to load what I'd just saved to the block library to the new preset and couldn't do it. It showed up in the block library when I clicked on show folder and went to the drive blocks, but when I selected it and clicked on it all it did was say choose application. How do you import something from your custom saved block library into the Axe FXIII?

Block Library.jpg

I'm getting a loud pop then losing sound using this patch. Happens with or without the updated edit. I did just switch to using the analog outputs & a crown xli800 power amp today but none of the other patches I tried have locked up.

On a positive note, the TS 808 sounds really good.

Just tried the preset you attached and I'm not able to reproduce the issue.

I'm guessing you are talking about on the Axe FXIII itself.
It looks like the advanced parameters are available for the Ruckus in Axe Edit if you need to access them now.

I'm guessing you are talking about on the Axe FXIII itself.
It looks like the advanced parameters are available for the Ruckus in Axe Edit if you need to access them now.
Yes and no. Click through the various pages in Axe-Edit a couple of times, and you'll see what I mean.

Yes and no. Click through the various pages in Axe-Edit a couple of times, and you'll see what I mean.

I just tried it with the newest Axe Edit. The advanced pages are there for the Ruckus GE and Ruckus LED, but not for the Ruckus LED/SI.

Just installed and only played with the FAS AMP (crunch, rythm, Hot rod, super tweed, Brit, etc ): glorious !
the drive block seems to be smoother, reminding me my real OD pedals, if it makes sense... as for you guys ?
Just tried to change the diode in Adv param and its works fine. Never tried that and I found the changes are quiet drastic: fun to test some tones !

A 'stellar tsunami' indeed.

After the discussion in a previous thread, I decided to try the Trainwreck Express [with a Suhr Classic Pro, V60s LP pickups].
I can hear it's spitty and it does sound as if it's about to explode. By the way, for lead, I found the Shimmer boost in the amp block works well, and if you want it to smooth out a bit, use some Chorus. I was quite enthralled by the imperfections in the amp model.

Cliff, I'm quite fascinated by what you wrote. I didn't understand it, as I'm a layman and it was late last night. Got up this morning [sounds like a blues song, haha] and re-read it.
What you're saying, in essence, is you've found an accurate way to reproduce sonic artifacts or imperfections [what some call 'warts'] in the amps [often due to design flaws or poor quality components], but without incurring unwanted and inaccurate digital artifacts [due to erroneous numbers generated by the equations] not related to the amp?

I believe this is the case because I can hear imperfections in models from time to time, but I can't describe them and it doesn't sound like something 'wrong,' it's adding a unique character.

I also believe that's why [in another thread] there's some claiming there's something wrong with amp [insert name], you're going away and referencing the real life physical counterpart and finding the model accurate [e.g. ghost notes on AC-30].

Great work, but make sure you get enough rest now, so you don't end up with a cold or something.

Take it easy and thanks.

Patched up to 10 this morning and all good until just now when I get another of the seemingly spontaneous lock-ups I got with beta 1.
This time was using patch 114 Deluxe Tape (think that's as factory) and after several minutes both outputs (I have added an extra output) lock up as max and the world goes a lot quieter (silent in fact) .
I can change patches but the output blocks remain maxed out and inactive.
Nothing like this prior to version 10 and nothing unusual about how I am using the III.

Attachments

• III hang.jpg
    III hang.jpg
    618 KB · Views: 32
  • Deluxe Tape.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Feels good to have another youngster in the mix(i.e. Axe Fx III) and get to see her grow up! Maybe this has been asked, when will Axe Edit be updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom