Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 10.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try increasing the Attack time in the Input block. The one thing in common between the presets doing this is that. I believe this is due to a change I made to reduce CPU usage.
That's interesting and this seems a similar issue to my output block freezes. Currently my attack set at default 1ms so I can nudge it up a little.
Unlike vin156 I am struggling to reproduce the block freeze up though.

That's interesting and this seems a similar issue to my output block freezes. Currently my attack set at default 1ms so I can nudge it up a little.
Unlike vin156 I am struggling to reproduce the block freeze up though.
Freezing is the wrong word. I can still move around in the screens but I lose sound & the output 1 meters peg out after a loud pop.

Freezing is the wrong word. I can still move around in the screens but I lose sound & the output 1 meters peg out after a loud pop.
No, I am same - some ambiguity there - the only aspect that "freezes" is the output block with meters at full - I too can move around on the device or in Axe Edit - just cant get any sound out once this has happened. But its happening very infrequently - but only since firmware 10.
Hope thats clearer now & helpful.

No, I am same - some ambiguity there - the only aspect that "freezes" is the output block with meters at full - I too can move around on the device or in Axe Edit - just cant get any sound out once this has happened. But its happening very infrequently - but only since firmware 10.
Hope thats clearer now & helpful.
Whats your Input 1 AD level set at?

50% - presumably a default
Hmm. Mines at 4.5% & if I strum a g really hard it'll pop. Lower it down & it doesn't. Do you have low output pickups? Im using a 1998 PRS CE22 with dragon II's. They're not super high output but have some midrange kick to them.

Hmm. Mines at 4.5% & if I strum a g really hard it'll pop. Lower it down & it doesn't. Do you have low output pickups? Im using a 1998 PRS CE22 with dragon II's. They're not super high output but have some midrange kick to them.
EVH humbuckers - fairly hot but nothing spectacular....

They occasionally light the red i/p led so assumed that was a decent match and didn't bother with any further optimisation.
Thing is with previous firmware no issue at all.

HOLY MOTHALUVIN SHHIITBALLLZ (sorry if I just hurt your ears)
has anybody ever had so much fun playing guitar (without being on a stage with thousands of adoring fan persons beaming atcha) than with this box o magic firmware?
try the FAS Class-A at default (with your faves Tele if ya got one) with a Jam
ray with drive around 3 and bass cut at 6 with a little delay and try not to smile like a grinning idiot.

HOLY MOTHALUVIN SHHIITBALLLZ (sorry if I just hurt your ears)
has anybody ever had so much fun playing guitar (without being on a stage with thousands of adoring fan persons beaming atcha) than with this box o magic firmware?
try the FAS Class-A at default (with your faves Tele if ya got one) with a Jam
ray with drive around 3 and bass cut at 6 with a little delay and try not to smile like a grinning idiot.
Any cab preference?

Probably not. However any models that use germanium types (1N270, 1N34A) might have a very slightly lower output now.

I have a Blues OD in a scene that I swapped the stock silicon 1N4148 diodes with the new germanium comrade D9Es and I just couldn't seem to get enough level after the swap. I turned the drive and level all the way up, and it still wasn't driving like it would with the original silicon diodes. For kicks, I created a quick scene with just input, drive, and output blocks to test the relative levels. With the original diodes, I was peaking out at around -3 dB at the output; with the germaniums, I was peaking at around -15 dB (for a 12 dB difference, which is a fairly substantial drop). Is the expected behavior for a silicon to germanium diode swap in the drive block?

The hottest guitar I have is an SG Special with DiMarzio Virtual P90 and P90-sized Super Distortion pickups. I have mine at 13%, and since I backed the pickups away from the strings a couple screw turns this morning, it barely pops a red on hard strums - and it sounds much better, too. I guess they were a bit too close to the strings and out of their 'sweet spot' before.

At no time has this pop/dimed silent outputs occurred. I do get a pop when selecting the amp block in AxeEdit on a few presets, but not an ear-shattering thin, and not followed by dimed output meters and silence. Hopefully Cliff just missed a semi colon or curly brace somewhere, and the fix will be quick and easy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom