Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably need to start a new thread for this but..

is there an already known way to control the output knobs via a block

I’ve been playing nightly for my neighbors and several times forgot to turn the output knob up between jamming in my garage, and neighbor play..

Would be nice to have a way to override it, or warning or something to deal with ADHD :)

don’t think so.. but just curious if I’ve missed something
Nope. Good thing, too. If you need to turn up or down, you want a knob right there to do it for you, without being affected by internal programming. If you need to dial in silence, you don’t want something else countermanding your decision.

First rule of any audio gear, whether it’s an Axe-Fx or your home stereo: set the volume knob where you want it. :)

Probably need to start a new thread for this but..

is there an already known way to control the output knobs via a block

I’ve been playing nightly for my neighbors and several times forgot to turn the output knob up between jamming in my garage, and neighbor play..

Would be nice to have a way to override it, or warning or something to deal with ADHD :)

don’t think so.. but just curious if I’ve missed something
How would remember to override it vs turning the knob on front panel?

Nope. Good thing, too. If you need to turn up or down, you want a knob right there to do it for you, without being affected by internal programming. If you need to dial in silence, you don’t want something else countermanding your decision.

First rule of any audio gear, whether it’s an Axe-Fx or your home stereo: set the volume knob where you want it. :)
Yeah just need to maintain vigilance when switching from home play to live play.. been doing this for 180 days straight since COVID started and.. sometimes have to rush to set up.. forget to tweak.. cest la vie

Last edited:
How would remember to override it vs turning the knob on front panel?
When it’s more quiet then it should be, I remember.. I’m on wireless and 60-80 feet from my Axe so having an easy way at the pedalboard to turn it up.. would be cool...

I’ll figure out something

Robotic actuator with remote or MIDI control... sounds like a fun DIY project if you can find the time.
Agreed! Researching it now actually.. has to be a way.. thinking Raspberry and go from there.. get one of my robotics friends in the mix.. use Bome MIDI Controller for switch capture like I do for other triggers.. I'll get something going

When it’s more quiet then it should be, I remember.. I’m on wireless and 60-80 feet from my Axe so having an easy way at the pedalboard to turn it up.. would be cool...

I’ll figure out something
I get it. But there's a way around that...

When you tear down, turn those output knobs to zero. That'll force you to consciously set them where you want them at next load-in. And that's a good habit for all gear.

I get it. But there's a way around that...

When you tear down, turn those output knobs to zero. That'll force you to consciously set them where you want them at next load-in. And that's a good habit for all gear.
Agreed.. it’s just a matter of developing a habit and breaking away from my hasty transition from practice to live..

and..

it would still be cool to have a way to control the output knobs from the pedalboard..

so.. I’ll work on changing my behavior, and work on an alternate way to mitigate remotely.. for those times I don’t.

best of both worlds :)

Raise the zip before leaving the loo, take the keys before leaving the house, look at the car mirrors before maneuvering, plug a cable from the guitar to the Axe-FX, switch on the Axe-Fx and the Amplifier, check position of the guitar volume and tone pots before hitting the first note on a stage…

… have a look to these little white dots at the Axe-FX knobs ;)

Last edited:
Raise the zip before leaving the loo, take the keys before leaving the house, look at the car mirrors before maneuvering, plug a cable from the guitar to the Axe-FX, switch on the Axe-Fx and the Amplifier, check position of the guitar volume and tone pots before hitting the first note on a stage…

… have a look to these little white dots at the Axe-FX knobs ;)
Adam Sandler “Phone Wallet Keys” comes to mind :)

You could add a volume block controlled by expression pedal to your presets and use that to turn it down in those situations. Or use a control switch to set it between two fixed levels.

You could add a volume block controlled by expression pedal to your presets and use that to turn it down in those situations. Or use a control switch to set it between two fixed levels.
I already have that setup, this is for the volume going through the front controls..

for jamming, output 2 is at about 10-11 o’clock, for evening neighbors, it’s all the way up as are the speakers..

It’s just as everyone has said.. I just need to work the behavior and go through a pattern checklist and just turn the damn thing up between both scenarios..

and.. I still want to create the device to control the front knobs.. cuz why not :)

Sorry if I missed anything, but could you use Ouput 2 strictly for your home jams, and Output 1 for your performances? Could have duplicate of presets, if even needed, and have the ones for performance identified in the name +1 and home +2? Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom