Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Release

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/27p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_27p00.zip

If you are upgrading from a firmware version prior to 26.00 you will need to install the new DynaCab data pack:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/DynaCab/dyna_cabs_1p06.zip

The latest version of Axe-Edit is required:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-iii-1-14-01.207927/

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block preamp algorithms, especially for amps with multiple gain stages. Tones are “gutsier” and have a more dynamic response with more “pop”. Also improves accuracy when input of Amp block is driven by a Drive pedal (whether real or virtual).

Improved cathode follower algorithm improves accuracy near onset of clipping. This results in warmer tones at edge-of-breakup and better cleanup when rolling off the volume knob (for amps that use a cathode follower). Due to the new algorithm the Grid Clipping parameter has been removed.

New power amp algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models bias excursion and duty cycle modulation. The results in more complex tone with better, punchier feel.

Added “Envelope Filter” to Filter block. This is based on the classic Mutron effect with some modern touches:

• The start and stop frequencies are freely assignable. Start can be lower or higher than stop. Simply set Start Freq higher than Stop Freq to sweep down.
  • The Sweep Shape knob controls the mapping of the detector to the filter frequency. A value of 0.0 is a linear mapping. Higher values become progressively more nonlinear and make the response more “quacky”. The default value is commensurate with a typical consumer Vactrol.
  • The detector attack and release times are programmable. Default values match the original pedal.
  • The Emphasis control allows emphasizing the higher frequencies into the detector to even out the response when playing higher notes.
  • The detector source is selectable between the block input or any of the hardware inputs. This allows placing the filter after an Amp or Drive block but using the instrument input as the source.
  • A detector meter facilitates easy adjustment of the detector sensitivity to match your guitar and playing dynamics.
Added “Auto-Wah” to Filter block. This is based on the same “circuit” as the Envelope Filter but replaces the detector with an LFO.

Added LFO Tempo control to Filter block.

Improved tuner. New algorithm is faster and more accurate.

Added Crossfade Time control to Crystal Echoes type in Pitch Block.

Improved pitch shifting.

Reduced CPU usage of Wah block slightly.

Remastered Vibrato Lux model.

Added date and time to version information returned to Axe-Edit. This obviates the need to “Refresh After New Firmware” if updating from beta releases (requires updated Axe-Edit).

Fixed wrong capacitor value in Band-Commander model.

Fixed missing PI grid stopper resistor in Comet 60 and Comet Concourse models.

Various other fixes and improvements.

Thank you!!! :)

I will request WFH 🤠😈
Happy Lets Go GIF by RTL

Last edited:
Awesome! Wirmware Wednesday! Dare I upgrade before hitting the road with my band for a long weekend? Nahhh. I'll keep rocking the beta I've been on for a few weeks. But I'll be doing it when I get back next week!

Back
Top Bottom