Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #2

The boost is probably just a od808 +EQ
The irs I don’t remember, I will see next time I power up the unit

Yes the NJ, neck through with ebony fretboard and licensed Floyd rose. A little bit cheap globally . I think the emg won’t fit by default, even the 9v battery … not sure there is space. But the evolution pickups are cool.
I see mine is a warlock NT i guess,
Cool video btw sounds great.

Downloaded the beta last night after barely touching a guitar for 3 weeks, got stuck on my Strat Plexi preset for about an hour. It's much girthier than I remember it being, only 'required' a centimeter movement of a DynaCab mic to tweak it and I was off to the races. I'll spend some time with other amps today, but that was a joy to experience for the first time playing guitar again!

I've never tried the Trainwreck amps, or really any Vox-type stuff in the 5 years I've had an AxeFX and after the discussion about them the other day I wanted to give one a try. I don't know how close this is to a Trainwreck, but I spent a whopping 4 minutes dialing it in, the intro riff fell out of my hands so I loaded a up a drum track, improvised over it a couple times then doubled it.

I said this at TGF, but as much as all the tonal improvements are a treat, my favorite thing about Fractal gear is the nonstop inspiration that comes out of it. I'm primarly a chugga chugga metal dude, the above is totally out of my wheelhouse, but the AxeFX brought it out.

Hey guys, Cliff wasn't messing around when he jazzed up the drive block algorithms! I never had much success with the Ratt pedal when going for Nuno/ Kill em' All type stuff..... Until after these last few updates;) Thought i'd share my Kill em' All preset again. Prior to the latest updates, the Ratt was in the chain, but i could never get it to jive with the amp like it should. Not the case anymore! Brings out a depth/timbre/ woody / barky/ scratchiness one would associate with the tone on that record (if it was your cup of tea). Please consider as always: 1)The Fletcher Munson effect. I play reasonably loud. Crank that MF if possible. 2) high/low cut to taste( on my frfr it sounds fine but yours may be different)3) upon default the Ratt pedal is not engaged (as I said , never could make it work before) So give it a go at default for a bit, then turn the Ratt pedal on. ( you might want to turn up depth/ and or bass on the amp if it cuts too much low end for you)Stank face heaven!! ( the "sweet spot" for the Ratt is already saved on the block, at least for me)

Attachments

• KILL 'EM ALL.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 46
Downloaded the beta last night after barely touching a guitar for 3 weeks, got stuck on my Strat Plexi preset for about an hour. It's much girthier than I remember it being, only 'required' a centimeter movement of a DynaCab mic to tweak it and I was off to the races. I'll spend some time with other amps today, but that was a joy to experience for the first time playing guitar again!

I've never tried the Trainwreck amps, or really any Vox-type stuff in the 5 years I've had an AxeFX and after the discussion about them the other day I wanted to give one a try. I don't know how close this is to a Trainwreck, but I spent a whopping 4 minutes dialing it in, the intro riff fell out of my hands so I loaded a up a drum track, improvised over it a couple times then doubled it.

I said this at TGF, but as much as all the tonal improvements are a treat, my favorite thing about Fractal gear is the nonstop inspiration that comes out of it. I'm primarly a chugga chugga metal dude, the above is totally out of my wheelhouse, but the AxeFX brought it out.

That kicks ass !

Coming from 26.00, has anything changed that would impact the input level? My highest output guitar seems to almost never be touching the red now. Last time I remember looking it was tickling the red quite a bit more.

Obviously not a big deal but just curious.
Ya know what Doug...I noticed the same thing on my rig as well. I actually had to adjust my Input so that it wasn't hitting red as much.

So some actual feedback about the firmware:

For context, I have my Axe III connected to my Focusrite 18i20 via SPDIF: Guitar In to the 18i20, SPDIF out to Axe III SPDIF IN, Axe III SPDIF OUT to 18i20 SPDIF IN, 18i20 OUT L/R to monitors. Clock source on the AxeFX is configured as external (SPDIF/AES IN). I also have a Mimiq in a loop (Out 3 -> In 2).

Since installing 27.02, about 3 or 4 times now I've had a problem where the audio is failing somewhere. I get no audio registering on Out 3 or In 2, but I do see signal on In1 (which is configured to use "Digital" as its input source, which is configured as "SPDIF").

When I turn on the tuner, it's completely frozen. No movement whatsoever.

Sorry I don't have more details atm, this last time it happened twice in a row, once right when I sat down to play and powered on the AxeFX, and then again after I tried rebooting. It only came back up after I waited 30 seconds before rebooting a second time.

I'll try to get more information from the unit the next time it happens, but just wanted to put it out there on Fractal's radar, as well as see if anybody else has experienced anything like this since install FW27.

So some actual feedback about the firmware:

For context, I have my Axe III connected to my Focusrite 18i20 via SPDIF: Guitar In to the 18i20, SPDIF out to Axe III SPDIF IN, Axe III SPDIF OUT to 18i20 SPDIF IN, 18i20 OUT L/R to monitors. Clock source on the AxeFX is configured as external (SPDIF/AES IN). I also have a Mimiq in a loop (Out 3 -> In 2).

Since installing 27.02, about 3 or 4 times now I've had a problem where the audio is failing somewhere. I get no audio registering on Out 3 or In 2, but I do see signal on In1 (which is configured to use "Digital" as its input source, which is configured as "SPDIF").

When I turn on the tuner, it's completely frozen. No movement whatsoever.

Sorry I don't have more details atm, this last time it happened twice in a row, once right when I sat down to play and powered on the AxeFX, and then again after I tried rebooting. It only came back up after I waited 30 seconds before rebooting a second time.

I'll try to get more information from the unit the next time it happens, but just wanted to put it out there on Fractal's radar, as well as see if anybody else has experienced anything like this since install FW27.

You are on 48KHz Sampelrate in the Focusrite right?
What happens if you only use the SPDIF Out from the AxeFX to the Interface and connect your Git to the AxeFX Input?
Also try to run the Axe as Clock Master and the Interface as Slave.

Full disclosure: I forgot to make a DI to reamp with the change instead of playing it a little differently the second time. But these were recorded one after another!

I'm not quite an audiophile but I hear a difference between the two. Enjoy!

Crunchy! What IR is that?

Back
Top Bottom