Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #2

Personally it was more a joke about what Cliff said, it was fun to use the Dick marzio and the 1.5 pick. But for the rest you were right: I will never play with this amp by choice 😀. It sound like a fuzz yep. The others audios are « out » cause the joke was to play with a di marzio and a thick pick
Yup, I remember real one can sound fuzzylike if pushed. The segret with real TW was to push the poweramp at high (and I mean HIGH) level, and control distortion and tone with volume and touch. Good clean, interesting overdrive, and fuzzy lead (in a good way) without touching any amp control.

What guitar/pickups was that with @aens?
Neck: Custom made Rautia T-Top replica (output 7,5k humbucker, 3,89k splitted)
Bridge: 80’s Gibson Dirty Fingers (output around 15k)

[Just had a quick play around with this. Funny actually @aens, when I AB'd your favoured settings against mine. Despite being quite different, they are essentially different ways of skinning the same cat. We seem to play off the Presence, Treble, Master and Gain controls differently, but because those controls all interact in the overall frequency response, the tonal balance is pretty similar. The overall character is quite different though, esecially in the mids. So as well as stealing some of your dynamics settings, I'm going to set my main presets with my own solution (but with your dynamics improvements) on Channel A, and your solution on Channel B. Even funnier, I feel no need to break out my own JMP 2203 to confirm your findings. It is to all intents and purposes a 2203, and has been for a while now!]
You are very welcome! I’ve used very similar settings like you just posted for quite a while, but after A-B’ing my 2203 that I’m forced to keep the master volume down I really prefer the settings I just posted. At least for now.

2203 is indeed a wonderful amp, and I really like how the high treble setting compresses the upper mids instead of making your sound ice-picky. Amp modelers have been doing that for so long I’ve grown not to crank up the treble with more modern Marshalls. Definitely not the case with the newest firmware anymore.

At least the 2203 sounds almost indistinguishable compared to my real 2203. I use the guitar volume all the time and it’s still spot on.

In case you want to try out ”my 2203”:
2203 High
Input Trim 1.2
Bass 7
Speaker Thump 4
Power Tube Bias 60%
Power Tube Type JJ EL34
Speaker Impedance 1.08
Speaker Drive 1.7

Middle 6
Treble 8
Presence 1.5
Master 2.5 (I have to set mine low atm to match my real amp because of recent power tube/fuse failure)
Gain 5-7

Boost the amp with TS808 to have even more dynamic range (drive 0, tone 5-8, volume 5-7).
Just saved this to my blocks library, sounds great!

When you add a Klone to the Wrecker Liver Pool

With all my respects to Jim and to Gary, I find this much more enjoyable to play than a Marshall. It reproduces so many playing nuances! Sweet on the mids, harmonics jumping like mushrooms, and less harsh high frequencies. Addictive! 😛 Even when your playing skills are lame 😄

Last edited:
When you add a Klone to the Wrecker Liver Pool

With all my respects to Jim and to Gary, I find this much more enjoyable to play than a Marshall. It reproduces so many playing nuances! Sweet on the mids, harmonics jumping like mushrooms, and less harsh high frequencies. Addictive! 😛 Even when your playing skills are lame 😄

Clean tone - it is axe-fx? Please, share this clean preset

Back
Top Bottom