Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #2

Guys, not sure if this is bug but listen to this. I know the release notes said that there are some artifacts like spitting but this sounds a little weird.

Recorded using my BC Rich with Dick Crusher Pickups with the train wreck amp model

Get Out Of Here GIF by Basketball Madness

biggest difference between Beta 27 and Beta 27#2 is fuller low mids. Beta 27 made the upper mids more clear and present, Beta 27#2 fills in the low mids to make up for the gap that was left behind with the improvements onBeta 27.
Given that Cliff said the bug fixed is "probably not audible" I am suspecting you're hearing placebo effect...

The release notes don't indicate any other changes.

Coming from 26.00, has anything changed that would impact the input level? My highest output guitar seems to almost never be touching the red now. Last time I remember looking it was tickling the red quite a bit more.

Obviously not a big deal but just curious.

Coming from 26.00, has anything changed that would impact the input level? My highest output guitar seems to almost never be touching the red now. Last time I remember looking it was tickling the red quite a bit more.

Obviously not a big deal but just curious.
Nothing I've seen or experienced...

I haven't found any bugs. The beeeeta seems solid. The addition of the FAS Stealth Blue is amazing. That mid snarl is something else. Thank you Cliff and the FAS team.

Could you expand upon “clutter?” I don’t know what that means in this context.

There was a weird collision of frequencies thing I have experienced with tube amps doing double stops, and multiple strings stuff (chords?) at times. It was the most noticeable missing ingredient from modelers when doing those things. May not be what Cliff meant at all though?

There was a weird collision of frequencies thing I have experienced with tube amps doing double stops, and multiple strings stuff (chords?) at times. It was the most noticeable missing ingredient from modelers when doing those things. May not be what Cliff meant at all though?
Help me wrap my head around that "collision of frequencies." It kind of sounds like you're describing intermod distortion, but that's been happening in amps and modelers for decades.

When was FAS Stealth introduced? Is it new to FW27?

It was introduced in FW 23.03 Beta #1. This model was intended to be an accurate model of the blue channel of the 5150 III Stealth, but he found something inaccurate in it, and by the time the accurate model was released, it behaved very differently than this version. I and many others found this intermediary version to be really unique and cool for a high gain amp channel, so I created a wishlist request for it in January.

It was introduced in FW 23.03 Beta #1. This model was intended to be an accurate model of the blue channel of the 5150 III Stealth, but he found something inaccurate in it, and by the time the accurate model was released, it behaved very differently than this version. I and many others found this intermediary version to be really unique and cool for a high gain amp channel, so I created a wishlist request for it in January.
Been here since I think 2012. Fractal literally never stops being amazing.

Not a problem per se but my preset output levels are way lower. For some reason my amp outputs are lower than what they were before.

Quick easy fix but as this is a beta…

Back
Top Bottom