Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.02 Release

Possible issue. I was watching one of Leon Todds' videos and I was trying to emulate one of his tricks. I will link the video in the post here,
The trick is at the 16 minute mark. I am trying to do the high cut LFO trick on the dual head tape delay block. Whenever I set it up and go to the update rate section of the modifier it freezes up and axe edit wont communicate with the axfx 3 anymore. I have to power cycle the machine to get it to communicate again. I can't post the preset with the change but this is the preset before I try and do the trick. Axefx 3 mark 1, windows 10

Attachments

• Ambient.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
It's appeared in release notes, so yes.

Okay, not in release notes, but in the OP of release threads.
Quick question, does restarting effectively do the same thing? I see it loading the blocks at startup.

Hoo, boy!

I've been living in FM9-land for quite a while. I really have not played the Axe Fx for several months.

Loaded this firmware and tested out the new gapless switching and Reverbs.

I am loving both, but the new Reverbs are so nice. I may become a Reverb in front of the amp guy! Not only the spring types, but I really like the Gold Plate in front.

Now the thing I've dreaded... I've got to wait and hope that these changes will trickle down to the FM9. :eek:

I think I'll be playing the Axe Fx more in the near future.

I just installed 23.02 (coming from 22.01). My main preset was at 81.4 CPU before and is now at 83 CPU with gapless on. Everything I have tried so far works fine and sounds good. Thanks!

hi, a question, I know how to understand the USB and firmware version, but how do you understand which version of Dyna-Cab is installed? can anyone help me?

hi, a question, I know how to understand the USB and firmware version, but how do you understand which version of Dyna-Cab is installed? can anyone help me?

The version is on the name of the file that you upload to the Axe-FX.

dyna_cabs_1p05.syx

The device doesn't show which one is already installed on the Version/Utilities page, though. Just install the latest one, which so far is 1.05

The version is on the name of the file that you upload to the Axe-FX.

dyna_cabs_1p05.syx

The device doesn't show which one is already installed on the Version/Utilities page, though. Just install the latest one, which so far is 1.05

Someone from Fractal Audio said it will ask for the dynacab file to be updated if it’s the wrong version, so let the unit decide.

Someone from Fractal Audio said it will ask for the dynacab file to be updated if it’s the wrong version, so let the unit decide.
That “someone” is the man himself.

If the wrong version is installed you'll get a warning message.

Possible issue. I was watching one of Leon Todds' videos and I was trying to emulate one of his tricks. I will link the video in the post here,
The trick is at the 16 minute mark. I am trying to do the high cut LFO trick on the dual head tape delay block. Whenever I set it up and go to the update rate section of the modifier it freezes up and axe edit wont communicate with the axfx 3 anymore. I have to power cycle the machine to get it to communicate again. I can't post the preset with the change but this is the preset before I try and do the trick. Axefx 3 mark 1, windows 10

This has been fixed for the next release.

Was something changed with regards to Input 1 A/D sensitivity compared to FW 22? I've noticed that with this firmware, going below 5% sounds and feels identical to 5% and above which didn't use to be the case. There's a chance that I'm imagining this.

Freshly installed 23.02. I have the following problem - Utilities -> Reset -> Clear All Presets doesn't work:
Clearing preset data ... -> takes a while
then remains on the menu, when I push HOME, preset is still there, as are all other.
Workaround - I kicked them out via the Editor.
FYI: Erasing the user cabs worked, no problems here.

Was something changed with regards to Input 1 A/D sensitivity compared to FW 22? I've noticed that with this firmware, going below 5% sounds and feels identical to 5% and above which didn't use to be the case. There's a chance that I'm imagining this.

AFAIK, that was introduced some time ago.

In the 2290 algo, one of the channels is phase inversed for a very wide sound! If you try to hear this in mono, you hear nothing of the repeats because of phase canceling!
Use Stereo Headphones or a stereo speaker system!
Yes, I'm running delay pre amp block :D my bad!
Thanks for help!

Back
Top Bottom