Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.02 Release

Just had a chance to install 23.02! I tried the first Beta, but I felt like it was much more compressed than the last FW22 so I waited for the final FW23 to try it. My initial impression after about 45mins cycling through my amp presets is FW23.02 feels like it's LESS squishy than FW22, in a good way! It also feels like it has more "bounce" under the fingers. Nice update so far!

running FW 23.02. Weird issue with dual amp presets. I have an amp 1 block, active with a brit 800#34, and and have a parallel amp 2 block. In scene 4, as an example, the amp 1 block is active with some grit. amp 2 block has 4 amps assigned to each channel, A-carol-ann clean, B-ODS-100 clean, C-FAS Hot Rod, D-FAS Hot Rod. While amp2 block bypass mode is "Mute", and as i cycle through the channel of amp 2 block while it is bypassed, it dramatically changes the tone, especially when FAS Hot Rod channels C or D are selected. I also noticed that at the top of Axe edit-III, the amp diplay banner, to the right of "Perform" show Amp 1:(B) Brit 800 #34 Amp1:(C) FAS HotRod.

This doesn't seem to be consistent with FW 22.04

running FW 23.02. Weird issue with dual amp presets. I have an amp 1 block, active with a brit 800#34, and and have a parallel amp 2 block. In scene 4, as an example, the amp 1 block is active with some grit. amp 2 block has 4 amps assigned to each channel, A-carol-ann clean, B-ODS-100 clean, C-FAS Hot Rod, D-FAS Hot Rod. While amp2 block bypass mode is "Mute", and as i cycle through the channel of amp 2 block while it is bypassed, it dramatically changes the tone, especially when FAS Hot Rod channels C or D are selected. I also noticed that at the top of Axe edit-III, the amp diplay banner, to the right of "Perform" show Amp 1:(B) Brit 800 #34 Amp1:(C) FAS HotRod.

This doesn't seem to be consistent with FW 22.04
Please post the preset, I cannot replicate this behavior. I suspect the Bypass Mode is not Mute in all channels. Also, there never was a firmware version of 22.04.

Unstable calculation gremlins?

@floydrose, was it on a particular preset (with reverb/delay)? Were you on the same preset for a while?

I answer for my case, Yes on the same preset for a while and a simple rythm preset without any delay or reverb blocks.

And the weird thing we can see in the video is the input meter is like frozen with a small signal even with the guitar off.

I just did an amp block refresh on the preset , and manually add the older values and saved the preset and the axe was rebooted since and it happens. today after 1 hour on it , no problem but this time I was on my DAW and presets changes via MIDI

Maybe time to reset system parameters (Setup->Utilities). There have been a few cases on the forum where that seems to fix strange behaviour.

You can back them up first with fractal bot, then reset them and see if the problem goes away. (Can be tricky if it only happens occasionally or is hard to reproduce)

I’m not sure, but FracTool might let you compare your backed-up system parameters with the reset parameters to make it easier to add any settings back.

Maybe time to reset system parameters (Setup->Utilities). There have been a few cases on the forum where that seems to fix strange behaviour.

You can back them up first with fractal bot, then reset them and see if the problem goes away. (Can be tricky if it only happens occasionally or is hard to reproduce)
In the past, issues like that have been firmware bugs. I would be surprised if a system setting was the cause.

My guess is a specific amp model or effect is the common denominator...

Please post the preset, I cannot replicate this behavior. I suspect the Bypass Mode is not Mute in all channels. Also, there never was a firmware version of 22.04.
Yep, you were right, I don't know if my defaults changed on the independent changes on the bypass settings, but i set them all to mute. Regarding the display, are they both to show amp 1, or should the one on the right be amp 2?

axe3capture.PNG

Attachments

• EJ RIG Final.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
Yep, you were right, I don't know if my defaults changed on the independent changes on the bypass settings, but i set them all to mute. Regarding the display, are they both to show amp 1, or should the one on the right be amp 2?

View attachment 130109
That's a bug in Axe-Edit. The engineer is on vacation this week. I'm sure he'll fix it first thing when he gets back.

I went to turn on the gapless switching today and found it was already on.

Also tried out the tape delay. Not sure how it changed or not but I am really digging it!

Back
Top Bottom