Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.02 Release

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/23p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_23p02.zip

Fixes the broken Rotary.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Fixed Rotary block LFO stuck.

Improved CPU usage.

Fixed audio artifacts can occur when switching Reverb block channels if there are different types between channels, i.e., switching between a plate reverb and a room reverb.

Fixed LFO quantization generating wrong number of steps.
Happy Thanksgiving Cliff, Staff and all Fractal Users!!!!! Peace, Love, and Music to All!

I've noticed in axe-edit 1.13.09, when you click on the top preset dropdown, and select clear preset, and then move to one above or below, and clear another preset, the initial one appears again. Eg, if i go to 273 preset, then select clear preset, then select 272, and clear that one, 273 reverts back.

I've noticed in axe-edit 1.13.09, when you click on the top preset dropdown, and select clear preset, and then move to one above or below, and clear another preset, the initial one appears again. Eg, if i go to 273 preset, then select clear preset, then select 272, and clear that one, 273 reverts back.
Did you click Save? Sounds like expected behavior to me.

In any case, if this were a bug it would almost certainly be an editor thing not a firmware thing...

i am noticing a gap when using the fc6 in setlist mode and switching between two presets. the cpu is not taxed (62% and 56%). they are my main preset and one i keep with my lead sound with different pitch settings for intelligent harmony that i switch in and out inside solos (so it must be gapless) but there's an audible gap. when i switch from the device arrow keys between those two presets there's no gap. is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? i have noticed it is more accented when i switch back to the other preset but not the 1st scene. im guessing it takes more time to switch to the preset and then the scene?...

i am noticing a gap when using the fc6 in setlist mode and switching between two presets. the cpu is not taxed (62% and 56%). they are my main preset and one i keep with my lead sound with different pitch settings for intelligent harmony that i switch in and out inside solos (so it must be gapless) but there's an audible gap. when i switch from the device arrow keys between those two presets there's no gap. is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? i have noticed it is more accented when i switch back to the other preset but not the 1st scene. im guessing it takes more time to switch to the preset and then the scene?...
What does your switch setup look like? I'm betting your switch has a Hold function defined? In that case, the Tap function fires on release of the switch not the press.

What does your switch setup look like? I'm betting your switch has a Hold function defined? In that case, the Tap function fires on release of the switch not the press.
it did have a hold function and i tried without it but it still has the gap. (it's an audible momentary pause-i dont mind a slight delay from the press of the switch to the actual function. i can time that. but the sound pause is problematic in a live situation) the weird thing is it only happens one way i.e. when switching from preset 2 to preset 1. i am attaching both presets as well as audio of the gab and photo of the waveform

in the audio i am starting in the 1st preset, going to the 2nd (no gap) then back to the 1st (gap) then 2nd (no gap) then back to the 1st (2nd gap)

PS when i utilize a fc layout with just one switch for preset up and one for preset down this doesnt happen. it only happens in the setlist mode. thats why i guessed it might be related to the fact that it's finding preset then scene for the song part (maybe)Screenshot 2023-11-25 142928.png

Attachments

• Ocean's Edge pitch.fasBundle
    35.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Ocean's Edge.fasBundle
    36.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
it did have a hold function and i tried without it but it still has the gap. (it's an audible momentary pause-i dont mind a slight delay from the press of the switch to the actual function. i can time that. but the sound pause is problematic in a live situation) the weird thing is it only happens one way i.e. when switching from preset 2 to preset 1. i am attaching both presets as well as audio of the gab and photo of the waveform

in the audio i am starting in the 1st preset, going to the 2nd (no gap) then back to the 1st (gap) then 2nd (no gap) then back to the 1st (2nd gap)

PS when i utilize a fc layout with just one switch for preset up and one for preset down this doesnt happen. it only happens in the setlist mode. thats why i guessed it might be related to the fact that it's finding preset then scene for the song part (maybe)View attachment 130276

I'm not getting any gap here. You have to remember that you need to wait several seconds before changing presets again. If you switch back and forth between presets rapidly you'll get gaps. You have to wait a few seconds for the background tasks to complete before you can switch if you want gapless changes.

[EDIT] Oh, and make sure Axe-Edit isn't running. It slows down the background tasks.

I'm not getting any gap here. You have to remember that you need to wait several seconds before changing presets again. If you switch back and forth between presets rapidly you'll get gaps. You have to wait a few seconds for the background tasks to complete before you can switch if you want gapless changes.

[EDIT] Oh, and make sure Axe-Edit isn't running. It slows down the background tasks.
i did another test where i let some time pass and it did it again (0:11 - 0:12) :
i tried with and without the axe edit on and with and without the usb plugged. it didnt affect it
i am recording via spdif btw

Screenshot 2023-11-25 145603.png

I don't have any advice, I can't replicate that here.
i know its a weird one. it only happens with my setlist options and when i use the my setlist layout with the fc6. if i just use preset +/- switches or the unit buttons it doesnt happen. will it help if i send you exported setlist/fc layout files?

i know its a weird one. it only happens with my setlist options and when i use the my setlist layout with the fc6. if i just use preset +/- switches or the unit buttons it doesnt happen. will it help if i send you exported setlist/fc layout files?
Ahhh, that's a clue. I'll discuss it with the engineer who wrote the FC code this week.

Ahhh, that's a clue. I'll discuss it with the engineer who wrote the FC code this week.
ok here's my setlist, my song list and my layout file in case they may be useful the two presets are in the following locations:
ocean's edge > location 447
ocean's edge pitch > location 448

Attachments

• Setlist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 6
Anyone else noticing extremely low input levels on the USA C+ JP Green model? I am boosting input gain to 10x to get approximate levels that I would expect from the model?

Anyone else noticing extremely low input levels on the USA C+ JP Green model? I am boosting input gain to 10x to get approximate levels that I would expect from the model?
Yes, it's a realy low level but i never had a chance to play the real thing! So maybe it's authentic, i don't know?

Back
Top Bottom