Axe-Fx III Firmware 2.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the pitch shift will create latency. It's just I am not hearing any noticeable improvement from previous versions on the III or the II. I added a mono delay with 100% mix to try and estimate the amount of latency I'm getting & it's at least 35ms. I would also say listening with headphones, it sounds like there is a doubling effect. I initially thought it was me hearing my strings acoustically but it's not. I'm just trying to figure out if something is wrong here, not complain.

Apologies, my issue was different. For the stuff that i play the improvements in 1.19 beta prompted me to list and sell my Drop pedal. However a few days later all of a sudden all the patches that had pitch-shifter block enabled started giving me huge latency - just as well as newly build patches. And only for the dual shift mode that i'm using with pitch block. So after reboot did not help I just re-installed the same firmware

Apologies, my issue was different. For the stuff that i play the improvements in 1.19 beta prompted me to list and sell my Drop pedal. However a few days later all of a sudden all the patches that had pitch-shifter block enabled started giving me huge latency - just as well as newly build patches. And only for the dual shift mode that i'm using with pitch block. So after reboot did not help I just re-installed the same firmware
That was a bug and is fixed in this firmware.

Any more detail on what Speaker Compliance is, and the physics behind that?...
Compliance means how much force it takes to move the speaker cone. In a speaker with high compliance, it's easier to move the cone back and forth by hand. If the speaker's compliance is low, it will take more effort to move the cone. It will feel stiffer.

Hoping this will be explained in more detail. Perhaps Cooper's video lessons will show us how to go back and forth between the two so we can decide.

why not create one scene with speaker compliance set to 0.0 and one with it set to 05%, everything else being equal, then go back and forth between the two?

Hoping this will be explained in more detail. Perhaps Cooper's video lessons will show us how to go back and forth between the two so we can decide.
literally set it to 0, play, then set it higher and play and listen to the difference. why does someone else need to demo it when you can with your gear?

Last edited:
I feel like Im blind.... but why can't I find the Compliance knob anywhere? Ive looked everywhere in them block tabs

“why does someone else need to demo it when you can with your gear?”
Because I am probably like jrogg75, not having detailed instructions and have no clue where to look, or if it was right in front of me.
I’ll find it. Thanks.

Ummm, so you guys that can't find the Compliance knob, are you looking in Axe-Edit, or on the unit?

Ha... I def was looking on Axe Edit! Im a noob tho...so that explains the ignorance!! I found it! Thanks! :)
no prob. Hardware is separate from Edit, so Edit has to have a separate update so they can put the new knobs in there.

I understand the pitch shift will create latency. It's just I am not hearing any noticeable improvement from previous versions on the III or the II. I added a mono delay with 100% mix to try and estimate the amount of latency I'm getting & it's at least 35ms. I would also say listening with headphones, it sounds like there is a doubling effect. I initially thought it was me hearing my strings acoustically but it's not. I'm just trying to figure out if something is wrong here, not complain.

How are you monitoring? If your setup already adds some latency, for example when using a digital mixer and/or wireless, the slight latency added by the virtual capo can push it just beyond what's acceptable to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom