Axe-Fx III Firmware 10.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only wish is that a “Productivity Mode” could be enabled where the Axe knows that I’m spending too much time playing random things and mutes itself to remind me to get back to work.

I'm looking for the "Talent Bias Adjustment" myself. I feel like I sound so much better, like I accidentally turned up the TBA from 1.2% to 1.5%. Not much of an improvement, but an improvement nonetheless. All kidding aside, I'm playing so much more because it's so much fun and effortless, that it's likely that I'm actually improving. :D

Here’s a hot tip for the edge of breakup fans out there. Set the amp’s input drive to where it’s basically clean, then edge up the Gain Enhancer until it breaks up the way you want when you hit it hard. Playing hard gives you big juicy chords, and lighter pick attack cleans it up while still sounding full. You get more sustain than if you just set the input drive hotter.

Here’s a hot tip for the edge of breakup fans out there. Set the amp’s input drive to where it’s basically clean, then edge up the Gain Enhancer until it breaks up the way you want when you hit it hard. Playing hard gives you big juicy chords, and lighter pick attack cleans it up while still sounding full. You get more sustain than if you just set the input drive hotter.
So curious trying this on a Morgan with your blue IRS!!!

I don
If you flick between gain enhancer on zero and any option other than gain enhancer there is a difference in the tone ... at least I can hear it
I don’t know how to take that ....
With gain enhancer off (on zero) ...one should expect differences in tone or sound when when adjusting other non gain enhancer parameters

If you flick between gain enhancer on zero and any option other than gain enhancer there is a difference in the tone ... at least I can hear it

Objectively, there's no audible difference. If you record two samples using clean tones on different tracks in a DAW, one with Gain Enhancer at 0 and another with Feedback at 0, then time-align the clips perfectly and invert the phase on one of the tracks, they will null 100%, thus proving they are identical.

I keep fooling myself similarly when creating a preset, then copying the settings over to a new slot and changing the routing or something when incorporating the sound into a larger rig preset. It is impossible for the type of minor changes I make in the second version of the preset to have any difference in the tone (mostly just how the spaghetti of shunts goes together and not in ways that would change the tone) but I will fool myself into thinking something sounds different lol.

I think that the small time between reaching over to my mouse to change between the presets, in addition to my hand positions on the guitar and pick slightly changing when coming back to the guitar, trick me into thinking there is a change when there can’t be.

I think we are now trained to hear even the most subtle differences in sound with Fractal gear as there are so many settings which when tweaked even slightly will make a change. With a real amp, there just wasn’t this range of settings to alter the sound and we were not listening on high quality studio monitors or FRFR rigs most of the time. Change in mindset can do weird things.

Also, and this is absolutely not a dig at anyone but just an observation, I have noticed a lot of people doubling down on comments to Cliff telling him how his machine works. Is amusing! (But seriously don’t flame me, is just an observation of fact, we all have our own experiences/opinions etc etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom