Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked for an answer to this and I couldn't find one (and it is probably mostly irrelevant) but is there a way to access the power that is available to the ethernet for an MFC on the 7pin midi instead/as well? And as an aside to that question could you have two controllers hooked up to the AXE II, one to the ethernet and one to the midi?

2 MFC? It's gonna look like the Bob Bradshaw switching system with 2 expansion modules...:eek:

You mean Axe-Edit support?

Native axe-edit support would be awesome and probably now easier than ever now that it can work with midi over usb. But what I really meant is plugging the axefx 2 directly to a linux box and record, reamp direct and all the other cool things you will be able to with macs and windows boxes.

The moment the axefx 2 gets native linux support I order it. It would give the axefx 2 a considerable edge over the pod and the eleven rack...

BTW, can you use the axefx 2 audio interface as your every-day use, main interface for your computer and replace your integrated, sound blaster, m-audio, or whatever audio interface you have and use to listen to music, browse the internet?

When you were tweaking the Hiwatt model comparing it with the real amp, which Hiwatt DR100 amp did you use, early 70's or later? Later they started using half of one of the preamp tubes to add another stage of gain, so the Hiwatts before this were more clean, and just in my opinion, better sounding.
Just curious, and good info for when I do the A/B testing with my Hiwatts.
Thanks!

But if linux kernel already has support for USB Audio Class 2 then There's nothing else fractal needs to do.

Native axe-edit support would be awesome and probably now easier than ever now that it can work with midi over usb. But what I really meant is plugging the axefx 2 directly to a linux box and record, reamp direct and all the other cool things you will be able to with macs and windows boxes.

The moment the axefx 2 gets native linux support I order it. It would give the axefx 2 a considerable edge over the pod and the eleven rack...

BTW, can you use the axefx 2 audio interface as your every-day use, main interface for your computer and replace your integrated, sound blaster, m-audio, or whatever audio interface you have and use to listen to music, browse the internet?

I remember reading something about a firmware loader needed apart from the usb audio class 2 requirement. But yes, linux support looks very feasible (fingers crossed). And a native axe-edit with no workarounds needed would be awesome.

I remember reading something about a firmware loader needed apart from the usb audio class 2 requirement. But yes, linux support looks very feasible (fingers crossed). And a native axe-edit with no workarounds needed would be awesome.

That was for windows.

Hi, very exited about the New Axe II , i tried to search for fan noise... two CPU how many fan in there? can you dry your hair with the AXE II now? :)

Hello

1. How that the unit has usb is there any plans for the axe II to load reverb Ir's as that would be amazing.

2. It sounds like you modeled some effect units can shed some light on that and what units they might be.

I think it means that technically all params are assignable but it is not the case currently. It's a matter of firmware update/enhancement

Hm, ok, so we actually don't know what parameters will be controllable with the first firmware then? Will it at least have the same controllable parameters as the Ultra, or, worst case; just some/none of them..?

Hm, ok, so we actually don't know what parameters will be controllable with the first firmware then? Will it at least have the same controllable parameters as the Ultra, or, worst case; just some/none of them..?

As far as I can tell all the parameters that were controllable on the Ultra are still controllable on the II

I've read the Wiki, but it didn't answer all my questions.. It actually raised some new ones also; for instance the Q "Are all amp parameters assignable to MIDI controllers". A: "No. Cliff stated it now has the ability to do that for all parameters so maybe down the road". But in another thread Cliff (?) answers: "ANY parameter can be controlled now if I allow it." So what does this mean..?

I think basically he means the potential is there, just he hasn't set it up to allow that user control yet. I'm guessing he'd rather get the more critical things sorted before adding things like that, and more amps, etc. etc.

I think basically he means the potential is there, just he hasn't set it up to allow that user control yet. I'm guessing he'd rather get the more critical things sorted before adding things like that, and more amps, etc. etc.
Changes like that also need to get reflected in Axe-Edit, either driven by data from the FXII or added manually.

torchlord said:
Ethernet cables that are flat and flexible
A neat idea, but for stage use, you're probably better off with round cables. Try to bend a flat cable along the floor at a 90° angle, and you'll see what I mean — the cable will stand on edge, making it more susceptible to damage and a greater trip hazzard. Flat cables are sometimes better for installations that are dressed in and tied down, but they can spell trouble for stage or other portable use.

So how would the new input impedance matching work with that Fender Strat active TBX/25db boost circuit? Should be no different than running a clean boost pedal into the FX2, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom