Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Redwirez, Ownhammer and JayMitchell IR's are just the IR of the speaker cabs. You can choose the MIC type in the axe-fx II.

You get 50 user slots now to upload your own IR's!

Yek's correct ..., you can't buy ( at least we can't ) RedWirez &/or OwnHammers wo/a mic being included in the IR ! I know know this, but I doubt that they've had time to re-record ALL the impulses wo/the mic included in the IR ? Yek could be correct, in so much as the only RedWirez & OwnHammer IR's included might be the TC 30's ?

I just thought since no one else had asked, maybe I should ....

Thank you so much for all your hard work on the Wiki stuff Yek. It's really very much appreciated. :)

Glad to be of help. I had some spare time this week. I'm trying hard to get the structure right, right from the beginning.
Makes it easier for others to add content too. And if a real wiki is desired, the topics can easily be transferred.

I'm only using Axe-Fx II content from the forum for now. The bulk (to be migrated from the previous How-Tos and adjusted for the AFXII) follows after geting mine, so I can verify things.

I was skimming through it and spotted several things I'd love to see info on. Soon enough though. :)

+1

Yeah, and the harmonics driven with a foot controller, this would be a really great enhancement. I've tryed any time ago to get a feedback with a send/return loop. This was the wrong way :D

It's been mentioned that there are RedWirez and OwnHammer IR's included in the Ax2 ....

But I thought those IR's include the 'Mic' response ? Were they reverse engineered to remove the 'Mic' effect ?

BUMP w/a technical question ....

For the proprietary MFC connector, which pins need to be connected, or are all four pairs being used?

BUMP w/a technical question ....

Well - here is info from Ownhammer
In light of Fractal Audio announcing the Axe-Fx II this week, the
SYX packages have now been recategorized as AX1. The new AX2 .syx IR's
are a completely different, proprietary format, and through
collaboration with Fractal Audio I am able to offer these (however,
unfortunately not the AX1 and WAV versions at this time) compiled to
minimum phase alignment so as to be coherently mixable with stock
Axe-Fx II speaker cabinet IR's.
More about the AX2 files for those of
you who have AX1 and are planning on buying the new Axe-Fx II further
down in this email in item #5.

Still doesn't answer my question which was. Were the RedWirez & OwnHammers "reverse engineered" to remove the mic effect that they contained originally ?

"reverse engineered"
:shock

Most likely not, but maybe they used the reference mic IR's.
Redwirez already had them.

;)

Just got an email in with attention to this topic in this thread, so wanted to jump in for a sec here...

Reverse engineering of pretty much any kind of digital property is almost always illegal. In my case, it is as it's a direct violation of the EULA ( OwnHammer.com - End User License Agreement ), something of which Cliff is not in bad standing of any kind. ;)

Until the proverbial cat is let out of the bag from the man himself, it is no one's right but Cliff's to disclose this info. Until that green light is presented, my lips must remain sealed. Sorry guys, I'm sure it won't be too long now though until everyone can find out for themselves when they get their shiny new Axe-Fx II. :)

Oh, and with regard to the reference mic topic, I'll add that in hopefully 2-3 weeks I'll be finished updating all my current libraries to have the TC30, it's been a bear working that in with everything else but it's almost all finished.

Last edited:
Hi Cliff,

Just wondered if it would be possible to add a 6db/oct slope on the filter block. I truly believe that this would help any FRFR users tame some of the top end without the cut being too severe and killing things too much.

In my studio I always dial in presets that I like however when I get up to band volume I always find myself having to block from 7500hz-8500hz which is fine however sometimes to you lose some of the 'air' in the tone so a longer slope would be really cool.

Thanks

Spence

The loader is needed for both Mac and Windows:

It looks like the one big hurdle separating me from my linux-ready axefx 2 is a firmware loader, not the money. If needed I could point to an open-source linux kernel driver that does exactly that, upload some propietary binary-blob firmware to a usb audio interface that then works as a standard usb audio device.

1. Will AXE II supply power to USB foot controllers via USB?

2. Can i use USB controller and another MIDI controller simultaneously? Example: MFC via cat5 and Softstep controller plugged to USB .That way you don't need power adapter for both controllers.

Last edited:
Has anyone here tried one of these? It seems like a cool idea, but I have to think that, in the absence of real amp-to-guitar feedback, the guitar's output will still decay, and signiicantly affect the tone.

I have... it's an OK'ish toy once you get the hang of it.
I don't see why would you want to generate artificial feedback when you can get the real thing easily.
Just face the speaker and push some volume!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom