Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago I mentioned it would be nice to have more preset storage space because after years of use you can accumulate quite a few presets :) .. but now seeing the X Y labeled mfc switch in the NYC show demo got me to thinking that this essentially doubles the amount of presets anyways? right?

So does this mean you can only use one instance of x/y per patch, for instance, would it be possible for me to have x/y of the amp block, delay, reverb, and drive all in one patch? Because I would use it on all of those in one patch if possible

So does this mean you can only use one instance of x/y per patch, for instance, would it be possible for me to have x/y of the amp block, delay, reverb, and drive all in one patch? Because I would use it on all of those in one patch if possible

I'm thinking you could link several blocks X Y to one switch or use several switches for individual blocks but that could take alot of switches if you already have some assigned to the effects blocks? not sure yet but I'm reading the manual right now :)

A few weeks ago I mentioned it would be nice to have more preset storage space because after years of use you can accumulate quite a few presets :) .. but now seeing the X Y labeled mfc switch in the NYC show demo got me to thinking that this essentially doubles the amount of presets anyways? right?

Really?

384 is not enough? Considering you can back them up and restore them at will? Hats off to you if you could even remember that many presets in the 1st place.

Do you realize if you played each of the 384 presets for 1 minute apiece, it would take you 6.4 hours to go through your presets.

Just sayin'.
Ron

jdolll said:

That is how it works. All those in every patch.

Sorry if this has been asked before: Trying to spec the best controller to use with the Axe FX II. I really like ethercon. Solid, safe, idiot-proof.
Any idea if the Axe FX II "ethernet" port will talk to the Liquid Control Ethernet port?
Thanks.

Really?

384 is not enough? Considering you can back them up and restore them at will? Hats off to you if you could even remember that many presets in the 1st place.

Do you realize if you played each of the 384 presets for 1 minute apiece, it would take you 6.4 hours to go through your presets.

Just sayin'.
Ron

I think there will be many of the factory presets I'd like to have available. Then of course everyone posts some awesome ones here, and then the ones I've made. Keeping a back up is great but having instant access is even better. and for some strange reason I like having all these PET sounds available :) kinda like pulling my toy box out I guess... uh.....ahem.... I mean toolbox :) (Scott may be watching)

Sorry if this has been asked before: Trying to spec the best controller to use with the Axe FX II. I really like ethercon. Solid, safe, idiot-proof.
Any idea if the Axe FX II "ethernet" port will talk to the Liquid Control Ethernet port?
Thanks.

It will only communicate with MFC-101

I think there will be many of the factory presets I'd like to have available. Then of course everyone posts some awesome ones here, and then the ones I've made. Keeping a back up is great but having instant access is even better. and for some strange reason I like having all these PET sounds available :) kinda like pulling my toy box out I guess... uh.....ahem.... I mean toolbox :) (Scott may be watching)

Cool. Excessive for me, but hey, doesn't hurt to ask.

But each one will take it's own switch? Or is there a way to direct the functionality of the x/y switch on the mfc, sorry if this is a stupid question, I appreciate the information

A switch can be a on/off or an X/Y for a given block.

Someone said something about dual function switches in another thread speaking on a new mfc firmware, but nothing has been announced about it yet so who knows in what way that works

But each one will take it's own switch? Or is there a way to direct the functionality of the x/y switch on the mfc, sorry if this is a stupid question, I appreciate the information

Yes, currently each one will take its own switch. So, in your example, you would need 3 extra IAs (X/Y delay, X/Y reverb, and X/Y drive ).
I was hoping for an MFC IA X/Y "hold-down" approach. Hold down your delay block IA for >.75 sec and you get delay Y, hold it down again >.75sec and your back to X delay. Seems clean and saves IAs. Design team ???

My .02
YMMV
XOXO
etc, etc

There was never any information to the effect that this is impossible in the 1st-gen units. It would be nice to have a couple SE emulations, an El84 and a 6V6 one.

You're right, just never implemented. Cliff could add a virtual switch to short one side of the PI to ground. Fake SE, but doable: a real SE has no PI and gap in OT. With some tweaking (bias, fback, sag & drive) we should get close to SE harmonics.

I see in the AxeII manual the boost parameter in the amp block is still fixed at 12dB. I searched this thread and the sticky for boost but see no mention as to why it is fixed at 12dB and not adjustable.

I would like to have it adjustable and on/off switchable from a midi controller.

Sorry if this has been discussed already but what is the reasoning for fixing it at one value and is it possible it will be made adjustable and on/off switchable in future upgrades.

I see the X/Y switching can solve this.

Last edited:
I see in the AxeII manual the boost parameter in the amp block is still fixed at 12dB. I searched this thread and the sticky for boost but see no mention as to why it is fixed at 12dB and not adjustable.

I would like to have it adjustable and on/off switchable from a midi controller.

Sorry if this has been discussed already but what is the reasoning for fixing it at one value and is it possible it will be made adjustable and on/off switchable in future upgrades.

I see the X/Y switching can solve this.

There is a new parameter called input trim. It is MIDI controllable, adjustable, and does the same thing, but you can boost or cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom