Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to have the ability to bypass it in a future firmware upgrade? I am mainly concerned with the tedious task of resetting all the bands to zero, then trying to remember what my previous settings where prior to that, all the while just trying to do an a/b comparison to eq'd to non eq'd tone. I imagine it could be done with AxeEdit, but in my 3 years of owning the AxeFX, I can count on one hand how many times I have tweaked the Axe with it. I just prefer the more intimate front panel tweaking.

Also, Java said it could be with the X/Y feature, but wouldn't it make more sense to have a dedicated bypass instead of using up one of the instances?

You could also use global blocks. One with EQ and one without. Then you could have the X/Y settings you want and the EQ flat or not by using 2 global amp blocks.

You could also use global blocks. One with EQ and one without. Then you could have the X/Y settings you want and the EQ flat or not by using 2 global amp blocks.

Come to think of this, it may be a bigger hassle since you'd have to edit both global blocks with the same settings.

My understanding of the amp block eq is that it is after the preamp and before the power amp, so it would not achieve the same effect if you used post power amp or cab eq.

My understanding of the amp block eq is that it is after the preamp and before the power amp, so it would not achieve the same effect if you used post power amp or cab eq.

It is after the poweramp. See chapter 5.1 of the manual.

Last edited:
Hmm... I was certain that I read somewhere that it was after the pre and before the power amp. I suppose I could have mistaken it for this when I read "and now includes an integrated 8 band eq..." If this is not the case, I hope the option to select the location of it will be added. The idea of having in the "middle" was one of the top 3 reasons for me to upgrade. lol I was really looking forward to honing in on that Mark series tone with it.

Hmm... I was certain that I read somewhere that it was after the pre and before the power amp. I suppose I could have mistaken it for this when I read "and now includes an integrated 8 band eq..." If this is not the case, I hope the option to select the location of it will be added. The idea of having in the "middle" was one of the top 3 reasons for me to upgrade. lol I was really looking forward to honing in on that Mark series tone with it.

It is stated a couple of places in the manual and there is a diagram.

Hows the durability of the Axe II? I read somewhere a few years ago that Cliff had used the beta version of his Axe FX and left it in the car in the sun, in super cold, some other ridiculously reckless things we would never do to it; anyway it always ended up fine. I assume since most of it are similar components it would be the same, but...maybe theres something new...any testers of the durability? I guess Cliff might be the only one to be so daring...=P

Well, the build quality and materials seems consistent from the first Gen hardware from all appearances so I'd expect the same sort of durability and road-worthiness. It's only been a few weeks in the rig, but it seems to be holding up fine thus far. But ask me again in a year and I'll better tell you. :D

Hows the durability of the Axe II? I read somewhere a few years ago that Cliff had used the beta version of his Axe FX and left it in the car in the sun, in super cold, some other ridiculously reckless things we would never do to it; anyway it always ended up fine. I assume since most of it are similar components it would be the same, but...maybe theres something new...any testers of the durability? I guess Cliff might be the only one to be so daring...=P

What answer do you expect....?

Well, the build quality and materials seems consistent from the first Gen hardware from all appearances so I'd expect the same sort of durability and road-worthiness. It's only been a few weeks in the rig, but it seems to be holding up fine thus far. But ask me again in a year and I'll better tell you. :D

an answer like that, yek =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom