Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

Dam, has this thread died!
No way. Nine posts in the last four hours. :)

By the way, I was in your hometown this weekend. Took my 97-year-old mother on her first road trip in five years to hear my sister sing in the Isthmus Vocal Ensemble. Virtuoso renditions of everything from Renaissance to Bach to modern twisted-humor stuff.

I'll have to remember, if I ever want to read about beer and Q, the firmware release topics are the places to look at.
Any hint what topic is for shoes and butterflies?

Mark iv brt dp whatsoever plus model with presence shift might be end of the search for me, together with the celestion v30 irs (50/5k cut with 6db slope, they are damn fizzy when untouched).

I'm using 8.01, and it's damn nice! With the help of Celestion+ IRs, I don't have the excessive low end that I've always complained of.

I'm using only 3 amps and 4 presets, and they are enough for me. Matchless DC-30 with very low gain to be clean, a bit more gain to be crunchy, the Two Rock 2 model for a bit more crunch, and the Mark IV for giving a good ear....ck to the neighbors.

God, I'm loving the Axe FX! To be honest, the IR change has been just a bit more effective compared to the FW updates. But nevertheless, 8.01 is awesome!

I fucking love my setup!

Not on TC 1140. .1 is .1 of an octave. 2 is 2 octaves. Maybe in software EQs or other hardware it's that way but not on the one I have used for 20+ years.

If your TC does it this way, it doesn't mean "Q" (= Quality).

The Q-factor, describing filter-qualities, isn't a physical value.
It's a relative scaling, most of the time like [0..1].
Q=0 means the lowest quality value; the filter has a wide range (bandwith).
Q=1 means the highest (best) quality value; the filter has the smallest possible range.

Regards
Mike

The Q-factor, describing filter-qualities, isn't a physical value.
It's a relative scaling, most of the time like [0..1].
Q=0 means the lowest quality value; the filter has a wide range (bandwith).
Q=1 means the highest (best) quality value; the filter has the smallest possible range.
Sort of. :)

Q is the ratio between the filter's center frequency and its bandwidth. In Fractal's filters, Q can be anywhere between 0.1 and 10.0.

Sort of. :)

Q is the ratio between the filter's center frequency and its bandwidth. In Fractal's filters, Q can be anywhere between 0.1 and 10.0.

Ok;
Q=2*Pi*(W/V)
W is the stored energy at start of an oscillation period.
V is the lost energy within this period.

Q is the amount of damping of a resonant circuit, to be correct
Bandwidth=f0/Q
f0=squareroot(f1*f2)
f1 is the lower, f2 the upper frequency, where the amplitude
is -3dB below maximum.
That's what I've learned.

The reciprocal of Q is the Loss Factor.

Q in my book would be setting it one way sounds like this and setting it the other way sounds like that. HAHA! Narrow or wide.

No way. Nine posts in the last four hours. :)

By the way, I was in your hometown this weekend. Took my 97-year-old mother on her first road trip in five years to hear my sister sing in the Isthmus Vocal Ensemble. Virtuoso renditions of everything from Renaissance to Bach to modern twisted-humor stuff.
I should have posted that it should be moved to the 'Lounge'.

Any word on what's brewing besides pilsners? New firmware or amp additions? New products? Either somethings up or FAS is enjoying some well deserved time off. Both?

Or you could just stop clicking on it. ;)
yep you're right, shame on me for checking in once in a while thinking something (even remotely related to the topic) might be discussed. ;)

If this were to be the last FW update I'd be more than content. More amps? don't need them. Other FX? what's out there that we can't do now.(lame attempt at getting the train back on the tracks)

Back
Top Bottom