Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

Damn, guys, it's summer now, normal people on vacation !!
Better or worse the device does not sound, with or without firmware. Calm down )))

Many here just need at least elementary, to begin to learn how to play the guitar.;)

Last edited:
I know we're all familiar with how important the 'Speaker' page is, and I think I'm in the ballpark with my low res frequency (110hz for my Zilla 2x12 with v30/k100), but low res frequency is the only think I've ever tweaked.

I was reading through an old thread by ML Sound Lab where he compared the recto model to a Roadster, and he said he had to change the low res Q from the default of 2 to 1. I changed it to 1, and wowza, much chunkier, broader, and seemingly punchier bottom end. That seems to work perfect with my cab. It makes my old patches sound downright weak in the bottom end.

Check your low res Q, people!

I know we're all familiar with how important the 'Speaker' page is, and I think I'm in the ballpark with my low res frequency (110hz for my Zilla 2x12 with v30/k100), but low res frequency is the only think I've ever tweaked.

I was reading through an old thread by ML Sound Lab where he compared the recto model to a Roadster, and he said he had to change the low res Q from the default of 2 to 1. I changed it to 1, and wowza, much chunkier, broader, and seemingly punchier bottom end. That seems to work perfect with my cab. It makes my old patches sound downright weak in the bottom end.

Check your low res Q, people!
I guess I would expect the opposite effect, since reducing the Q should make the resonant "band" be narrower...

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/8.0/AxeFx2_Quantum_8p02.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/8.0/AxeFx2_XL_Quantum_8p02.zip

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/8.0/AxeFx2_XLplus_Quantum_8p02.zip

Release Notes:

Added (at Kirk Hammett’s request) modifier capability to the output compression parameter (“COMP”) in the Amp block (previously named “OUTPUT COMP”).

Added five new factory cabs (XL and XL+ only). These custom mixes represent a small sample of the world-class IRs now available from Celestion. The full IR packages can be purchased at their new website: www.celestionplus.com

Fixed bug where presets that use a User Cab(s) and were saved under earlier firmware versions might have the incorrect User Cab(s) assigned when recalled on later firmware.

Nice!

Have those hardware EQs checked out. Lower Q means wider passband. It's an engineering thing. :)

They are a Furman PQ-3 & a TC Electronic 1140. The Furman actually doesn't have the bandwidth labeled in numbers but the TC sure does. Per the TC manual:
The filters shall be of an adjustable Q design and shall have a bandwidth of 0.1 to 2 octaves wide.
tc-electronic-tc-1140-hs-parametric-equalizer-preamplifier-1678.jpg

Last edited:
Not on TC 1140. .1 is .1 of an octave. 2 is 2 octaves. Maybe in software EQs or other hardware it's that way but not on the one I have used for 20+ years.
That gear isn't marked in Q values. It's marked in bandwidth values. Which are the inverse of Q.

Back
Top Bottom