Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

No. All that's needed is an accurate schematic, a copy of the actual amp and lots and lots of man-hours. Those schematics are horribly and intentionally inaccurate
...I suppose. I found those in like 30 seconds. Anyway, thanks for the lots and lots of man hours you and your team put in. I have been a user since the ultra, and Fractal is what every company should strive for. It's been said a million times before, but this is seriously the best purchase I have ever made. Thanks again.

The Hook is still on the to-do list but I don't anticipate it will change much. That amp doesn't use a cathode follower (it uses a mu follower) so the preamp sound won't change much, if at all. It will benefit from the power amp improvements which is already present in the beta.
Thanks!

This may have already been posted; my apologies if so, but did you notice Cliff & Co has done even more mojo magic for us Mark I/II users - the Q7b2 update is down in kb size back to what v17.04 was! And choosing to do all of the extra work to enable us to continue the journey with the rest of our AX II Fractal Family...inconceivable! Above and beyond the call for sure.

This may have already been posted; my apologies if so, but did you notice Cliff & Co has done even more mojo magic for us Mark I/II users - the Q7b2 update is down in kb size back to what v17.04 was! And choosing to do all of the extra work to enable us to continue the journey with the rest of our AX II Fractal Family...inconceivable! Above and beyond the call for sure.
I didn't look at the size, but I am continually thankful that Cliff et. al. decided to put in those hours and effort to keep the Mk I and Mk II platforms valid. At some point they won't be, and I'll need to jump onto an XL+, but every day longer I can get out of my Mk II is icing right now. I have other gear I need to buy for my studio, so I'm hoping I don't have to worry about getting an XL+ until late this year or early next year. At that point, I might give away my Mk II to rope someone else into the Fractal family :D

@FractalAudio,

Cliff, forgive me for asking.but if you have the actual product in front of you, there's only a finite number of components to a pedal (amps obviously have hundreds/thousands). Can you not draw your own schematic and measure the component values for an accurate representation? Surely, a man of your genius could do it?

Please forgive my ignorance in advance.

PS. I would kill to have my old Frantone "The Sweet" pedal added to the drive pedals. I love the hot and whiny tone that I used to get out of mine.

I don't know how accurate this schematic is.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uPeZuXcbR...AGhY/6MY4Ai4t-IQ/s1600/Frantone+The+Sweet.png

Who´s been asking for no deathmetal soundclips? :D

The Vox in this beta 2 is so.... real.......like the feeling on the high strings......absolut clear...
Everything default - highcut on 2. IR from CabIR Vox TB Blue Bulldogs E906 single Mic.

like the "knock" in this sounds and how they to play.

Not saying I don't like the brit 800 mod in q7b. In fact it's awesome for some things. But I prefer that model in q6. It was awesome for getting more aggressive than the plexi without getting into recto territory.

I'd love to see them both in the FW. Just curious if anyone else cares.

Yeah I'm with you there. I've not had a good experience with it so far. For me it sounds like a half open wah or something. Really weird sounding. Thought my preset may have been jacked or my wah was auto turned on or something. That's how different it sounds.

Tried to fix it...it's just not the right amp for me any longer. No problem I got 250+ more. But I've always loved that amp too.That's been one of my go to amps since I bought my axe fx II.

The solo 100 is a good replacement for those who liked the 800 MOD the way it used to be. I was loving the sound we got from 7 beta 1 on the 800 MOD. But hey, if it was incorrect...we gotta move on if it doesn't work for our use.

Cliff, just asking....instead of killing off an old amp or altering it drastically, can't we add it to our roster of fine amps and.give it a new name? I don't know how that works...but I've been a fan of quite a few amps that were drastically altered and would have loved to still have them as options. Would it be possible to have something like that in the future?

Yeah I'm with you there. I've not had a good experience with it so far. For me it sounds like a half open wah or something. Really weird sounding. Thought my preset may have been jacked or my wah was auto turned on or something. That's how different it sounds.

Tried to fix it...it's just not the right amp for me any longer. No problem I got 250+ more. But I've always loved that amp too.That's been one of my go to amps since I bought my axe fx II.

The solo 100 is a good replacement for those who liked the 800 MOD the way it used to be. I was loving the sound we got from 7 beta 1 on the 800 MOD. But hey, if it was incorrect...we gotta move on if it doesn't work for our use.

Cliff, just asking....instead of killing off an old amp or altering it drastically, can't we add it to our roster of fine amps and.give it a new name? I don't know how that works...but I've been a fan of quite a few amps that were drastically altered and would have loved to still have them as options. Would it be possible to have something like that in the future?

Cliff already said he would do that.
Adding the old model back would be trivial. I will add it for the final release.

@Danny Danzi Ah, so it wasn't just me lol. And I agree, there's plenty of other options. If we're moving on so be it. I'll check out the solo 100 you mentioned, thx! Possibly the Hook Ch 3 too, just something about a Marshall ;-)

@FractalAudio absolutely, already have
@Danny Danzi was just checking out the solo 100 lead, pretty cool model. the soldano's never worked for me before but i'm digging this one (with stereo cab F131 + F60). Although I dig the Hook a lot, not really in this situation

Edit: if you've tried the celestion ir's, the v30 mix with all mic's + room is awesome with the solo 100 lead :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom