Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

I have to 2nd this experience with the Brit 800 mod. I always thought the original mod was the "beefy" Marshall of the group, and now after the 7b2 update, it has the thin and "chimey" characteristics of the regular 800. I'm not sure what mod in particular was captured before or how accurate it was, but I sure did like it when using it with cab pack 20. I can get a pretty similar tone with the Friedman's, but I sure did like whatever the other one was. Any chance to get it as an additional model? Rectos sound really tight on the low end with the update. Very impressed with those. Thanks so much for the update!
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-00-public-beta-2.124097/page-18#post-1477583

Hey Guys Trying Install 7.0 Beta 2 Iam using a Mac and Ax Fx XL +
Ive installed the latest version of fractal bot and Ax Edit when I open Fractal Bot Ready and select Device Ax Fx Xl +
then I go too Set to Browse to select the 7.0 Beta # 2 but it isnt there . what is showing on Fractal Bot window is firmware version 6.03
how do I get it installed thanks Jack

Ive installed the latest version of fractal bot and Ax Edit when I open Fractal Bot Ready and select Device Ax Fx Xl +
then I go too Set to Browse to select the 7.0 Beta # 2 but it isnt there . what is showing on Fractal Bot window is firmware version 6.03
Browse to the location where you downloaded FW7 (you did download it, right? :))

You will need to un-zip the file first. Fractal-Bot can't see it if it is still in a zipped folder.

Edit: oops, not a zipped file:oops:

Last edited:
I'm hearing not so much cocked wah as a more aggressive high end. Try backing down the Bright knob about 5 dB, and see how you like it. :)
I like this more "aggressive" open end - hope this will stay in the final version. It´s a good enemy to fat Keyboardsounds in the bandsound.

lovin the bad kitty as has been mentioned but theres an unusual sub bass thing going on. don't really hear it but i feel it on the floor. i'm using JBL LSR monitors with subwoofer and the factory patch (yes, reloaded the model)
High pass it! Try a filter right after the amp

High pass it! Try a filter right after the amp
was using the low cut in the cab block. strangely enough it doesn't get rid of it until you're doing too drastic of a cut. Cliff mentioned that the real amp has that as well so there you go. FOH can lo cut the channel

DANGIT!!!! I am using Fender amps half the time.....split with the DC30 the other half. I was patient in getting this for the AX8, but after hearing Brett's clip and what others have said about the Fender's and the Dr Z 38..... I am READY FOR THE AX8 BETA!!!!

Yes I did download it

Back
Top Bottom