Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

I had no clue a schematic was all that is needed... Douglas is a pretty level headed guy, and I've reached out to him on getting a B3K or B7K schematic. I think that 2K one is close, but was revised quite a bit for the B3K and of course, the B7K... and now the B7K Ultra. Like I said in my other thread, I'm sure that if it were only buying the "thing" to model, then it'd be easy, and offered to help do what might be needed to get this stuff moving along. All anyone had to do was tell me ya needed a schematic...

I use midi footswitch to do volume inc & dec via midi CC command. You can do same on MFC footswitch. Volume inc & dec is in i/o section, ctrl tab. Sending a CC will change final output by 1 db and save your patch. It's very fast/convenient.

Sure you can go in manually to amp level. But this is so much easier, I rarely mess with amp level. That said, every now and then I'll go back in, check my +/- db amount on output page, apply that to the amp level knob and zero the output on output page.

This worked like a champ! Thank you so much!

If you go to the VU meter screen, you have access to the amp levels from that screen. The Axe FX should stay on that screen as you change presets

It doesn't stay on that screen for me...but thanks just the same. :)

Sorry for hijacking the thread again guys, but I just wanted to say thanks for the help!

RR

I also thought Nolly was on Fractal's artists list, but some time ago he "disappeared" from that. Not sure what the story is there, but as far as I know, he still uses Fractal gear at least somewhat.

I could have sworn that his bass has built-in Darkglass electronics.
Yes he does. But he uses the B7K to,or B3K. And have for some time.
But it`s cool to have the "darkglass Pre-amp " inside the Dingwall bass :)

The Bass player from Karnivool have a Signature Darkglass pedal. Alpha/Omega.
Might be a cool one to have

The Bass player from Karnivool have a Signature Darkglass pedal. Alpha/Omega.
Jon has some serious chops. One of my favorite modern bassists. Didn't know he had a signature pedal. Off to check out some YouTube videos. ;)

Last edited:
It was VERY hard not to update the firmware as I have a gig on Friday. I still somehow spent almost 8 hours updating and making new patches. As has been said a million times, not only is that box magical for the tones, but also for making time disappear.

Hi Cliff,

I've also been scouring the web for a schematic for the Darkglass B3K or the B7K (which appears to be a B3K with more EQ options), with no luck.

However, I was able to find a schematic for the precursor to the B3K, called the Microtubes 2K (attached). It was originally posted here by Douglas, the creator/owner of Darkglass, before he started that company. (Other evidence that this is him here.)

Interestingly, on the schematic it says "3K". I believe the B3K is very similar to this circuit (with the "B" designator indicating the bass version) with a few more switchable EQ elements (which could be covered by the tone and EQ options in an Axe-Fx drive block). The characteristic distortion comes from overdriving CD4049UBE CMOS inverters.

You see this is what makes our community so great. We have a problem that needs to be fixed and one of us finds a solution to help out. I'm not a Bass player but I'm all for adding more things to make Axe Fx and AX8 more useful to Bass players.

Same here. I switched to the CCV 2C to get the same sound. The Cameron seems to have gotten a lot tamer
Ugh. That sounds like bad news... (have not tried 7x yet but that is disconcerting). The Cameron has had a lot of FW updates where it was weak. When it's breathing fire its one of the best but there have been a lot of FWs where it seems neutered. Hopefully its just a tweak missed, etc

Last edited:
Jon has some serious chops. One of my favorite modern bassists. Didn't know he had a signature pedal. Off to check out some YouTube videos. ;)
It's fairly ridiculous. Two-in-one kind of deal... I think modeling it would likely be somewhat difficult. My guess would have to be two models, one for each OD section.

Thanks for FAS to provide great updates over 5 years for my fabulous Mk I.

I tried the new beta yesterday, and I did reset every amp in my presets (this is quite a task actually, would be great to do that automatically while preserving basic amp settings (including presence, master, bright, low cut + GEQ)).

I did like very much what I heard, all amps sounded at least as good as before, the only exception being the Nuclear, which has lost its mojo with respect to the bias tremolo. Even with depth at maximum, I cannot get it to throb deeply... Can anyone confirm if this is not just me? Any tips on advanced settings etc. are highly appreciated
Thanks.

To my ruined old ears:
a) another (GIANT) step forward in the amps distinctive footprint
b) the THUMP in palm-muting is AWESOME and have more distinctive character depending on the cab IR used (mean: low end are more beefy and focused)
c) the fxs in the chain are more present so i don't have to rise the mix too much

Really a big great job!

I tried the new beta yesterday, and I did reset every amp in my presets (this is quite a task actually, would be great to do that automatically while preserving basic amp settings (including presence, master, bright, low cut + GEQ)).

Preserving these values when resetting would be really, really great. Maybe add speaker res freq and speaker drive to the list.
But I would be very thankful for only not having to readjust the GEQ of my Mark II/IV presets everytime I reset. It's a major pain in the butt.

Anyway, this firmware is freaking awesome. Thank you so much, Cliff and all other Fractalians, for your hard work and dedication. You are unique in your ways of supporting your products. Keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom