Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.01a Up

From what I'm reading in this thread I'm pretty sure that I can upgrade from Firmware 6.01 to 8.01a in one go but if anyone else has done this could you just confirm that my thinking is correct?
You can skip versions, even go backwards...it doesn't matter.

Hi Rex,

Helpful as ever, thank you very much.

Do you know the answer to my question about the user cabs by any chance?

Do you know the answer to my question about the user cabs by any chance?
I have no inside info on poducts that aren't yet released, so I can't give you a definitive answer. But I would be genuinely surprised if new cabs eat up user slots.

But version 8.01a has been released Rex. I was hoping that someone who had installed it would have noticed if their user slots had been overwritten. Perhaps my question was not clear.

But version 8.01a has been released Rex. I was hoping that someone who had installed it would have noticed if their user slots had been overwritten. Perhaps my question was not clear.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about a future release. As why360 said, no user cabs were overwritten.

Every time I download the 8.01a and I go to upload it on my Axe-Fx II, it gives me the 1.0 Firmware. Can anyone help me out with this? Also, all my patches got erased in the process. Sucks.

Thanks why360 and Rex.

I have installed 8.01a now and all seems to be working fine.

Interesting though that with a few of the patches - about 8 - where the sound quality had changed after the upgrade, all I had to do was literally click on the cab block (as though I was going to edit it) and the sound returned to be as it should. (Then I saved it.) It was almost as though the cab wasn't 'engaged' in the signal chain somehow.

I wonder what was going on?

Every time I download the 8.01a and I go to upload it on my Axe-Fx II, it gives me the 1.0 Firmware. Can anyone help me out with this? Also, all my patches got erased in the process. Sucks.

After you upgraded and it read "version 1" , did you happen to check if the new amps were listed in your axe ( from scrolling via the front panel of the axe fx itself )

I am just wondering if it was 8.01 , but your display only showed the "1" instead of the entire number.

Thanks why360 and Rex.

I have installed 8.01a now and all seems to be working fine.

Interesting though that with a few of the patches - about 8 - where the sound quality had changed after the upgrade, all I had to do was literally click on the cab block (as though I was going to edit it) and the sound returned to be as it should. (Then I saved it.) It was almost as though the cab wasn't 'engaged' in the signal chain somehow.

I wonder what was going on?

Was that with axe edit it happened ? The reason I ask is yesterday, I was on preset 117 blues and I had clicked one of the effects blocks ( cant remember which one ) and I think it gave me the flantastic ( or whatever preset 116 is ) but it didn't change the screen, just the sound of that patch. That was very strange.

However, the current version of axe edit has already been mentioned numerous times that it is not reliable yet for this version. And funky things can happen, but its not permanent , so just mentioning this in case you are not aware of the axe edit issues. They are working on a new version.

Hi jerryratpack,

No it was not with axe-edit. I simply loaded the firmware and then auditioned the presets from the front panel.

Hi Rex, Click on the Layout Button, then highlight the Cab block (so it turns black in colour) and click on Edit. At that point the sound changed for the better as though the cab was engaged in the chain.

After you upgraded and it read "version 1" , did you happen to check if the new amps were listed in your axe ( from scrolling via the front panel of the axe fx itself )

I am just wondering if it was 8.01 , but your display only showed the "1" instead of the entire number.

I'll have to take a look and see if the new amps are there. I'll let you know.

No Rex, that's what is odd. The cab block was solid ('engaged' or 'active'…whatever the terminology) and when I turned it black (to edit it) and then opened it up the sound suddenly changed for the better. As I said earlier, it did it with a number of my patches but most played fine from the outset.

I've just added the latest firmware to the MFC too so I'll be a little bit anxious at tonight's gig as this will be the first time that I will have run the new firmwares together. However, I have faith!

That is certifiably freaky and weird. Is it repeatable, or does a "fixed" preset stay fixed?

Once 'fixed' and saved, the presets work fine - thank goodness.

(Gig over and all is well. One or two of the patches seem to have changed a little in volume, something that I only noticed when I was playing live tonight, but that's an easy fix.)

I like the new firmware very much, some of the changes are subtle but the sounds are definitely improved. Thanks FA for whatever you did.

Question: I understand there are problems with using Axe-edit with 8.01 but can you simply update to 8.01 and down/up load banks using AE? I am assuming most of the problems are with editing patches with AE. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom