Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.01a Up

Fixed no sound at power-on if amp type is set to 59 Bassguy in preset.
Fixed Presence Freq parameter not being reset for Y parameter set in presets created with older firmware.
Fixed TMA block not loading properly under certain circumstances.
Fixed Level L in Dual Delay mapped to wrong parameter modifier.
Fixed “Magic 8-ball” in tuner getting stuck if no input for long period of time.
Added global Modeling Version parameter which allows one to select between Version 8 (default) or Version 7 modeling. This parameter is global and is in the Global menu. Note that the only change between Version 7 and Version 8 is the phase inverter modeling and, as such, the difference may be very subtle.

Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes

Fixed Presence Freq parameter not being reset for Y parameter set in presets

created with older firmware.

Fixed “Magic 8-ball” in tuner getting stuck if no input for long period of time.

Added global Modeling Version parameter which allows one to select between

Version 8 (default) or Version 7 modeling. This parameter is global and is in

the Global menu. Note that the only change between Version 7 and Version 8 is

the phase inverter modeling and, as such, the difference may be very subtle.

Fixed Presence Freq parameter not being reset for Y parameter set in presets created with older firmware.
Added global Modeling Version parameter which allows one to select between Version 8 (default) or Version 7 modeling. This parameter is global and is in the Global menu. Note that the only change between Version 7 and Version 8 is the phase inverter modeling and, as such, the difference may be very subtle.

Nice, thanks Cliff:)

One thing for sure, the differnces are small, but v7 certainly feels stiffer (colder) than setting it to v8.01.
My clean patch using Buttery, feels and sounds more open.
Thank you

Updated to 8.01 was quick and smooth as always. Still sounds great.

So I take it that if somebody doesn't want there sound to change they just choose version 7 modeling. Very cool. The best of both worlds if you think your sound is fine the way it is.

I always go for all the new modeling changes and adjust my sound if necessary.

Thanks again and again. You are awesome.

Cliff,

Thanks for making the AxeFXII such an awesome product. I'm looking forward to giving you thanks in person at AxeFest!

All the best,
Scott

I opened axe edit up while running v7 and out of nowhere it started deleting my presets when I changed between them. Like no title, no sound, no data in the layout whatsoever etc. So i was forced to upgrade to 8.01. Strange, because I never had any problem with axe edit while using v7. I hate that such an amazing product is plagued by a crappy program to use it with. Can't wait for the new axe edit to come out, luckily i rebuilt my presets from a saved bank and all is well for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom