Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went up to 9 and played for an hour or so, lots of patches factory and mine.
Everything felt a bit stiffer.
I switched back to 8.01 and thing felt better.
Any thoughts?
Could it be some global setting thing?
Thanks, Chris

Last edited:
Well this is a first. 10 pages of comments about a new major firmware release and not a single "I don't like it compared to the previous version". I suppose it's still early though.

I still prefer the version 7xx power amp modeling (my high gain tones sound more focused, punchier, and just overall better with it than with 8 or 9), but since there is the option in the Global menu, there's no reason for me to bitch. :)

I still prefer the version 7xx power amp modeling (my high gain tones sound more focused, punchier, and just overall better with it than with 8 or 9), but since there is the option in the Global menu, there's no reason for me to bitch. :)

Having the option to change the power amp modeling is a cool feature... It's Cliff saying, here, have it your way.

Cliff the upgrade is excellent!!! I really love the Splawn quickrod and Silver Jubilee amps. Sounds so authentic. Thank you again!!!

Please check the USB Adapter Mode setting. If it is set to ON, try setting it to OFF and see if that fixes it. (damm tapatalk)
You are right again Cliff! USB Mode was on, turned it off now works like a charm! Thank you for the prompt support!

Last edited:
firmware 9 cab font error

first time i ever get any issue with my lovely axe fx II.....anyone seen this beforefractal cab error.jpg...only shows up at in cabinet window...do i lack some fonts or...

Thanks

first time i ever get any issue with my lovely axe fx II.....anyone seen this beforeView attachment 13690...only shows up at in cabinet window...do i lack some fonts or...

Thanks

When i understand previous posts and FW release notes right: There are changes in the midi communications done in FW9, to support future Axe-Edit TNP! This means: Don`t wonder about Errors, when using a not updated Versions with Axe-Fx FW higher than 7 !

FAS say: Don`t use Axe-Edit with FW9. This has a reason ;)

first time i ever get any issue with my lovely axe fx II.....anyone seen this beforeView attachment 13690...only shows up at in cabinet window...do i lack some fonts or...

Thanks

SIGH...

DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT.

Until it's updated.

Please.

Thanks

Hi. Axe-Edit as not been updated yet and therefore doesn't correctly work with the last firmwares (v8 and v9beta).
Don't use Axe-Edit for editing and tweaking presets with those firmwares. The next Axe-Edit is being developed.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-edit-general-discussion/58284-official-axe-edit-update-thread.html

Edit: ok, 3rd! :mrgreen
3 guys, 3 styles. you choose..

Last edited:
I say if you believe 9.0 feels stiff, compressed, or whatever - simply use the Firmware you're most comfortable with (it's great to have this option) - but for me, 9.0 is the new standard in Amp modeling, regardless of platform!

I say if you believe 9.0 feels stiff, compressed, or whatever - simply use the Firmware you're most comfortable with (it's great to have this option) - but for me, 9.0 is the new standard in Amp modeling, regardless of platform!

Have you gone back & played through your GT-Pro recently?

Agreed,
And like every guitar player, we're always looking for "that" tone. It's an endless quest, but fortunately it resides in the AXE-FX II with v9.
It's like a secret switch was enabled which offers warm mids that maintain clarity with silky highs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom