Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, gig tomorrow night and I don't even have my patches in order, named on my midi controller, etc... but that Silver Jube is calling me!
How does it compare to my old standby, the Friedman BE?

And don't forget that some very good midi foot controllers like the GC Pro cannot do CC# value as well. Very few can, actually, and to be honest I don't really want to change my controller for only 1 feature considering the price.

And don't forget that some very good midi foot controllers like the GC Pro cannot do CC# value as well. Very few can, actually, and to be honest I don't really want to change my controller for only 1 feature considering the price.

well... it has to... a CC without a value is useless. They must be hard coded with just 0 and 127?

Yes just make sure you don't have AE set to refresh from the AXE or anything. Just use the update firmware menu item and then quit as fast as you can afterwards. Ha.
Thank you Cliff! How are you all loading this version? I still have AE 1.0. 3.17 will that work? Sorry I have been out the loop.

I guess that is not gonna work for Ground Control Pro users then. Looks like we are stuck with just 1 Scene with CC34.

One non-related question, is there a way to mute the Axe Fx when you press "Tuner"?

I guess that is not gonna work for Ground Control Pro users then. Looks like we are stuck with just 1 Scene with CC34.

One non-related question, is there a way to mute the Axe Fx when you press "Tuner"?

In Tuner menu choose the Mute option.

From what I read here, if your controller doesn't provide for sending specific data, you will end up with 2 scenes where 0 (off) = scene 1 and 127 (on) = scene 8, since any number above 8 (okay, 7 in the zero based scheme) will default back down to scene 8.

Maybe not perfect, but that's one more combination of settings than you had before and would work well for a rhythm/lead type of setup...

TT

From what I read here, if your controller doesn't provide for sending specific data, you will end up with 2 scenes where 0 (off) = scene 1 and 127 (on) = scene 8, since any number above 8 (okay, 7 in the zero based scheme) will default back down to scene 8.

Maybe not perfect, but that's one more combination of settings than you had before and would work well for a rhythm/lead type of setup...

TT

That is correct

I just found out where the heck 'Scenes' are on the Axe last night after clicking on every single menu and tab... right in the preset info screen. I need to read the f'n release notes! Quick question (not by my Axe)... if you copy a preset, will it copy the scenes as well? How do you reset the scenes? One at a time or all at once? Thanks.

Scenes are integral to a preset. They come along when copying.

No resetting AFAIK.

if you copy a preset, will it copy the scenes as well? How do you reset the scenes? One at a time or all at once? Thanks.
Yes.

Set all the blocks in the scene to enabled, set the output level to unity. That's the default state for a scene that's never been customized: all blocks enabled, output level at unity (actually not 100% certain about that last one -- output level might default to the scene 1 level across all scenes by default).

Errr...you have to do it one at time.

Can someone verify that the looper still works? Since upgrading, it no longer works in any of my presets.

Question about scenes.... so when I upgrade to 9.0 do Scenes automatically become "active" and therefore each preset is loaded with the default of scene 1? And in that case, do my presets all remain in the same saved config they were before the update? For example, I recall a preset with a drive block disabled. Does that drive block stay disabled? I read the PSI post by Yek and it addresses the fact that all blocks will switch to their "X" status, but still curious about default bypass settings.

2 questions:
1. When changing scene using the front panel the changes in the IA states are not reflected on the MFC. Is that normal?
2. Also, please correct me if I'm wrong: The best way to access scenes from the MFC is to assign a number of IA switches to NONE and then have these switches send out CC#34 with the appropriate (0-7) value? there's no "Scene Mode" on the MFC yet, right?
Thanks.

I apologize in advance for my redundancy if these questions have all been already answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom