Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet all of you who have started using V 9.0 beta have "scene" the light, lol.

images

... sorry... could not resist. :razz

No. I just tried and there is still a short dropout.

Since I haven't been regularly switching between X and Y amp, I don't know if the drop out is better than before or not so you'll probably want to experiment. For me, for similar levels/gain between the two, the dropout is sounds like a weak crossfade rather than a full dropout. For some transitions, I doubt this would matter. For others where the guitar is prominent, you probably want to use two amp blocks and "crossfade" using a modifier (using level on each amp with one inverted tied to the same modifier or similar with a a Vol/Pan (or Mixer block)).
If you use two amp blocks, you don't need to crossfade. I just use one IA switch set to switch Amp 1 and Amp 2 on/off, with the values reversed. I have this in many of my presets and it's seamless.

I must be one lucky guy.
Never found a bug with Axe-edit. Always updated an tweaked with Axe-Edit. Seriously!!
I say leave it as it is.............run!!

Was a big fan of the Suhr 18... and am loving the 30.

Also very much like the new amp menu.

Thanks for this, great update.

I did the old roll-the-dice and update 3 hours before the gig trick. Went V7 to V9 - Everything works the same, listened briefly to several patches, it was all good, no bad. DONE!

I've been doing FW upgrades since 2007, and V9 is the easiest upgrade I've ever done. Outstanding job Cliff!

DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT.

Until it's updated.

Please.

Double Vision - Foreigner - YouTube

Well, I upgraded and can only listen to the results through headphones because my wife is sick. Sounds fine to me. Don't hear a big change just yet but my headphones are probably the reason.

I'll probably get slapped for this, but I used Axe-edit to upgrade firmware and it went just fine. It seems you can move blocks around in Axe-edit, just don't save from it. Thats when it crashes on me.

Man I can't believe how good my existing Badger 18 preset sounds with 9, and the Badger 30 is going to find a place in my setup somewhere methinks...great power amp modeling, body, and feel in V9 for every amp from clean to higain that I've tried.

The treble/presence is very sweet in V9 and just seems to 'dial in nicer'...lotsa 'ohhhhh, niiiiiice' moments here so far...

Yeah, I hate to play the feel card, but it really does seem to have improved response across all of my main presets. I can't put my finger on exactly what the difference is, but I am really digging the hell out of it. Big giant palm mutes sound bigger and, uh, giant-er.

Been having a blast with it all evening and haven't even gotten into scenes yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom