Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

I have kept up with this thread for nearly all 41 pages and perhaps I missed this somewhere but, I can't find the CC for the Rotary X/Y. Is this something that will just find its way to the final version?

from what i understand, there is no CC# available. i think it's the same even on the XL with some blocks that have added XY capability (not present in non-XLs).

so the only(?) way to do it is save the X vs Y per Scene.

Did those the other day. I actually like the models now. Maybe a lot. Wasn't too fond of them before.

when i was updating the Bank A for rotary and levels, i just went preset to the next, to the next, etc. i landed on one that sounded AMAZING i'm like oh man what is this?

it was the Two-Rock factory preset in bank a - not g3'd yet. but felt and sounded killer! it might have to contend with my current Tucana slot...

from what i understand, there is no CC# available. i think it's the same even on the XL with some blocks that have added XY capability (not present in non-XLs).

so the only(?) way to do it is save the X vs Y per Scene.

Ahhhh, that makes sense then. Thank you. Now I'm of to rearrange some scenes to recreate the Mini-vent Slow/fast.

...i just went preset to the next, to the next, etc. i landed on one that sounded AMAZING i'm like oh man what is this?...it was the Two-Rock factory preset in bank a - not g3'd yet. but felt and sounded killer! it might have to contend with my current Tucana slot...
That's the G3 journey in a nutshell. I've found countless killer tones in amp models that did nothing for me before—including factory presets.

It's just like the "real" tube world: a good tube amp will usually sound good even when all the tone-stack knobs are randomly adjusted somewhere near the middle of their range.

Ahhhh, that makes sense then. Thank you. Now I'm of to rearrange some scenes to recreate the Mini-vent Slow/fast.

i think this was discussed as well... but from what i've found, switching between X and Y in the new Rotary block does NOT ramp from slow to fast.

X and Y are 2 separate groups of settings, so it changes immediately when switched.

if you want to ramp from slow to fast, you may want to use a Scene controller or something similar on the Rate/Speed parameter instead.

Nah, I'm not too worried about ramping speed, I just am happy to have the ability to have two separate speeds in the same preset. I only use one Expression pedal for now and I usually have that tied up with wah, so I didn't want to assign it to the speeds for now. I did try that out a few months ago when I believe it was Yek who put up a very cool Rotary block that utilized the pedal for adjusting speeds. That was fun to play around with and made me realize that I should probably add a second expression pedal sooner rather than later.

Agreed - he is WAY overdue some incredibly well deserved time off.

But he brought up the idea of Beta PT II a few days ago. Had he not I wouldn't have posted about it :)

But he brought up the idea of Beta PT II a few days ago. Had he not I wouldn't have posted about it :)

Can anyone confirm this? I thought Cliff mentioned a G3-compatible Axe Edit beta, not a FW18-part-deux beta? Surely, I'm missing and waiting patiently for a few more specific amps to be converted, but I anticipated the next FW release to be the official 18...

BIG apologies folks !!!

It WAS in reference to Axe Edit and not 18 beta.

now I feel like a complete idiot....false alarm due to lack of reading the freaking post correctly.

Can anyone confirm this? I thought Cliff mentioned a G3-compatible Axe Edit beta, not a FW18-part-deux beta? Surely, I'm missing and waiting patiently for a few more specific amps to be converted, but I anticipated the next FW release to be the official 18...

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...irmware-18-00-public-beta-13.html#post1156410

"I suggest waiting as I hope to have a new beta version in a day or two."

i'm just posting this to confirm. i say take longer :)

(gittarzann i was gonna delete mine!)

Edit - Holy Moly. one more post from me, and my post count will be... OVER 9000!

Last edited:
Hey Cliff, is there a chance that you could include FW17s version of the Badger 18 as a FAS amp? While the G3'd version seems to be much more accurate to a real Badger the old V17 model had this awesome fat and percussive yet extremely clear and articulate clean tone that I just can't seem to replicate with the new Badger. The G3 version just distorts and gets fuzzy so much quicker than it used it...

Yeah, saw that, thx...but, in the post before that, the post to which I presume Cliff is responding, the guy is talking about updating AE not FW...

Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...irmware-18-00-public-beta-13.html#post1156410

"I suggest waiting as I hope to have a new beta version in a day or two."

i'm just posting this to confirm. i say take longer :)

(gittarzann i was gonna delete mine!)

Edit - Holy Moly. one more post from me, and my post count will be... OVER 9000!

Last edited:
Apologies as I jumped the gun about there being a part two of the 18 beta.

Cliff never stated that - he was referring to AE and not FW. The mistake is 100% mine.

I'll queitly slink out of the room now with my tail between my legs......

Apologies as I jumped the gun about there being a part two of the 18 beta.

Cliff never stated that - he was referring to AE and not FW. The mistake is 100% mine.

I'll queitly slink out of the room now with my tail between my legs......

odd...
i read it the same way you did: that there is going to be a 18 beta version 2
cliff replied to the post "time to update" so i naturally read it to mean: "you don't have to update the current 18 beta cos there's going to be a 18 beta v2 coming up"..

Back
Top Bottom