Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes

18.00 Public Beta

This firmware incorporates all-new amp modeling algorithms. With this update the Axe-Fx II now incorporates our “G3 Amp Modeling Technology”. G3 modeling improves upon G2 modeling with better touch sensitivity, better dynamics, better distortion texture (or “grain”) with less fizz, more crunch and improved frequency response accuracy.

Not all amp models have been fully converted to take advantage of G3 modeling as of this beta. Those that have been fully ported are indicated by “(G3)” after the model name on the Pre page of the Amp block. Those that have not been fully ported yet will still benefit from the improved algorithms.

The Rotary block has been completely revised. It is recommended to reset the block in any existing presets by double-clicking the Bypass button to load the default values. Also, the Rotary block now supports X/Y which simplifies slow/fast switching.

This beta version does not fully support Axe-Edit so front panel editing is recommended.

...And I just finished my playing and put my black box under the bed. No-no, ain't gonna go on my knees again...it isn't even Friday!

Back
Top Bottom