Axe-Fx II Firmware 17.00 Released

Wow, didn't expect this so soon!

Regarding the changes to the 'Character' controls; will this change the sounds of the amps? Will I need to re-tweak everything? Or am I good for all amps not specifically mentioned in the firmware update?

Second question, what is the SDD, Ruckus and FET Boost?

Can't wait to try out those mic pre's, but it will have to be tomorrow after work... its 11:00 pm here :(

Have you captured specific Preamps with the options we have,Exciter, Vintage, Modeern Tape 35us and so forth.
Would be great to know about ;-)

Love it! The USA clean sounds better than ever.

Excuse the sloppy playing but had to record something down quick to try out the new channel preamp, this is the Tube type with the drive around 5.5, USA clean model, YJM Strat.
I've always preferred a just-on-the-edge-of-breakup clean tone rather than something pristine and this is just great for that, really like the extra bit of compression and grit it adds.

I don't usually make a post just to say "thanks", I thank with my "likes", but this release is so awesome...
Thank you FAS! This firmware coupled with CK7 Cab Pack is amazing.

Have you captured specific Preamps with the options we have,Exciter, Vintage, Modeern Tape 35us and so forth.
Would be great to know about ;-)

Maybe.

I'm tired of chasing the past. It's time to create the present and the future. Everyone is hung up on recreating rather than creating. Chasing 30-year old tones. Meh.

You've got the biggest box of tools ever created for the guitarist. Every color and brush imaginable. Forget paint-by-numbers. Create your own masterpiece.

Therefore I'm not going to tell you what they are based on. Many people here need to start using their ears more and their eyes less.

Is it just me or does this update actually use a few % less CPU? I could have sworn i had a couple of presets that are now 78-79% that used to be 82-83 with no changes?

Maybe.

I'm tired of chasing the past. It's time to create the present and the future. Everyone is hung up on recreating rather than creating. Chasing 30-year old tones. Meh.

You've got the biggest box of tools ever created for the guitarist. Every color and brush imaginable. Forget paint-by-numbers. Create your own masterpiece.

Therefore I'm not going to tell you what they are based on. Many people here need to start using their ears more and their eyes less.

as they say in Latin: Abso Fa Kenlut Le

This is so awesome!... I think this calls for... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

It has been awhile...
scared0016.gif

Maybe.

I get it, your right. Was just very curious, thanks a lot for put preamps in the Axe fx II, it sounds amazing what I hear :) I can't wait to try it out more, transformer and the vintage Pre's rocks a lot to me so far!!!

Back
Top Bottom